What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I must say screaming coasters, i am liking what i see. That scenery is brilliant, may i ask how long it took you to make that in 3D Studio Max? Also can you tell me how long you have been using 3DS as i want to get into it my self. Am i looking at months or years of practice?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Yay thanks :D

well I've been using 3D Studio max for 7 years now. 3 years on and off and 4 years fully. All I did was read tutorials and then after that its just a case of trial and error. Once you learn the basics, everything will come together. I suggest you learn things like 'Boulean' and UV texturing. Things like that.

The track took me about a week to make, refining it and hand smothing it until its perfect. Suppost didnt take too long because they are simple, about a day, not even that. Then came the 3DS work which isnt complete. But overall, the project so far has taken me just a week under 2 months now. You really have to plan what you make, it even means pen and paper work. Then if it dont look right in NL, scrap it and start again. Keeping in mind NL makes everything appear thicker than the object actually is due to the lighting, you have to keep everything like that in mind.

Understand both programs and get them workin in harmony with eachother, you'l be fine :D Dont forget, patiants is needed or you'l just rush and fluff it all up.

You can add me to msn if ya like mate :D and we can have a chat.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Screaming Coasters....Am liking the look of your 3DSins :D but from the looks of it your Flanges are way OTT and have them on supports which dont need them...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
ah well, once you see the track, you will think different.
The track is actually 89ft, and thats high for a coaster. All a flange is, is a joint. As the saying goes "you cant have too many of anything". I think it looks right and I have made sure that none overlap.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
This picture should help make my point better:
looksee.jpg

Surely thats just unnessesary? :p

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Crazycoaster said:
This picture should help make my point better:
looksee.jpg

Surely thats just unnessesary? :p

haha point taken. I'm gonna leave it because I love the way it looks. No change to get your own way, sorry. If you dont like them, you delete them when the track is up for download.

A

Anonymous

How do you get the MS Spinner, does it come on an Expansion pack?

zcl

Mega Poster
it's not actually a MS spinner just intamin bi-rail track or bi-rail *complicated name* track

A

Anonymous

Here's my latest project the first one in a while that has actually materiallised or well vertualized. Anyway its a B&M dive machine which is yet unnamed I'm thinking of Edge but thats hard to theme and I'm really trying to use 3Ds for this as you see below does anyone have the object creator????

DiveMachine.jpg

A

Anonymous

COMING SOON!

Project Uranus

My first coaster with custom supports. It's a LIM launch coaster.

A

Anonymous

Sye...that looks really good...the only thing is the ground texture is in a different direction than the 3ds texture.

Wizz...Im glad that you dont have framerate problems, because that would be a hard ride to make if you had framerate problems...lol. It looks very promising.

How come most Disney coasters are on a scale much smaller than NL!

spaceme.jpg

I am still debating on whether or not I will continue with the project, but I obviously have to first deal with major blocking and tunnel test issues.

Jake

Strata Poster
Heres my latest project, ive kinda stopped work on it, i'll probably carry on when i get really bored.

Project Neige weaves its way up and down and in and out small canyons and ditches of white snow.

NeigeCF.jpg

A

Anonymous

Well my newest coaster will be postponed for a while, I'm looking for a better layout. Mabey a week after Worra is for downloading.

A

Anonymous

Well heres where its up to at the moment it'd be father but my pc's had to go and get fixed but I'm goin fast now and thanks fanman. I've actully got a name now instead of projectEDGE and it's themed on the ledgened of Tartaroo a Knight from the kingdom of heaven not the film, ledgened say that he was sent from heaven to hunt down the beasts that escaped hell Gehenna and Moloch. The first drop is sending Gehenna back in to the depths hell and to get Moloch Tartaroo must pass thought the fires of Moloch second verticle drop.

Anyone have Object Creator please pm me

Tartaroo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.