What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
looks good, I think its needs to be stretched a tiny bit. Its abit tight atm, and the entrance and exit are too steep.

A

Anonymous

Lol, that is not the actual one i am gonna use, it was just a demonstration to see if i got the general idea of how the thing works. cheers for the feedback though ;)

Peter

Hyper Poster
My new ride : STAR WARS: The Ride (name may change)

Based on Star Wars (duh!), this ride launches you to 133kph in just under 2 seconds!

The screenshot has just been slapped together, the .3ds wont stay like they are its just to give ya an idea of what it would be like when finished. This track still has a long way to go.

This track is made useing Elementary and AHG, just becuase i wanted to try them out for a change.

starwars.jpg

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Now that is innovative... it's like a backwards inversion order so far. That is a really impressive looking layout so far. I love how your stuff never seems to take a pause... it's always action packed. Well done so far, can't wait to see it finished, terraformed, and themed.

A

Anonymous

Some Nice looking pics there, should be interesting to see the final versions. My Nemesis project has ran into a few snags at the moment concerning the track work :( I have found the hard way that Nemesis is an absolute bitch to build using Elementary and purg. I really did not expect this level of difficulty, i have already done two rebuilds, and spent hours just on single curves of the track.

Here is a screenie of what i have come up with so far, it is still in need of much work, and the trackwork is by no means complete :cry:

nemshot8gu.jpg

A

Anonymous

cheers for the links crazy but i already had downloaded them, i appreciate the help though. I will keep working at it, but don't expect the trackwork to be finished anytime soon :( i want to get this thing perfect.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Project Chasm looks great, if its anything like the rest of your coasters its gonna be good, but it needs terraforming.

Ive started again on my starwars track as it was too large before, causing my comp to go laggy when .3ds were added. Ive re-done the track, but made it more compact.

editor.jpg

oh, and MONOLITH, havn't you already done a Nemesis Recreation before? i saw this on WeeWeeslap earlier http://www.weeweeslap.com/track_exchange/detail.asp?tid=7452 which was done by your username (unless someone else has stolen it :p)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Yeah i know it needs terraforming...thats why this is the 'Underconstruction topic' :p

Star wars looks like a pretty nifty coaster (hehe what a word) am liking the pre launch barrel roll :D

A

Anonymous

^^ Yeah i have already done one, but it was not perfect. Everytime i ride it i find something else wrong with it. This time, my goal is to be as close to perfect as possible. My first Nemmy recreation was hand built, before i got into using the tools to build coasters, so now my new one will be alot smoother than before and just feel more real. I am also planning to design the station in 3DSM so that will look really good when i am done. I hope to create the correct pathways and fencing as well. So it should look good when i am done. As Nemesis is a fairly odd shape however, i have found it, if you mess the angles up by +/- 5 degrees on ANY bend, it is incredibly hard to build the rest of the track, so you have to keep going back and changing it. When using just pre-fabbed elements as well, its not just a simple matter of adjusting a vertex point until it fits, if you need to resize something, every element preceeding that one has to be re-done which takes alot of time, and builds up alot of stress. I will keep you lot informed of progress, as i am gonna finish it. It will take time however, and i may be aiming at a winter release of the final product.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Okay im back with an update on my coaster....Ive changed the exit from the cobra roll...now it goes over an ejector airtime hill instead of a lil turn. Terraforming is basically complete and ive now started on adding supports and theming to the ride :D

The 'Chasm'
ProjectChasm2-050608000826000.jpg

Overview from the top of the hill
ProjectChasm2-050608001200000.jpg

A

Anonymous

Great Nemesis Rec there MONILITH, i was trying a recreation of it afew weeks ago and i abandonned it because it was too hard and decided to make Air. I got stuck on the transition between the end of the 1st corkscrew and the straight peice of track that banks into the helix because it was so damn mishapen, bare in mind it was completely free hand in NL which made it more diffuccult!

Dave

CF Legend
Here is my latest project, have been doing it since yesterday and have almost finished it.

karakadon.jpg

If you can't read the name at the bottom it's called Karakadon

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well so far so good.

I present to you one of my HIT projects that I had spoken about a few pages Back. I will not release the name of it yet but I can say its supposed to be an MS spinner. So I leave you with a screenshot of it. Its about 45% complete and its taken me 2 months so far.

thi016co.jpg

Jake

Strata Poster
^ That is so amazing, how the hell do you have the patience to build all that scenery?

Peter

Hyper Poster
oh God, all these new track make mine look like :bad-words:

Heres a new screen of the Launch, it think it looks pretty cool going through red mist simulating the launch from earth into space

Status
Not open for further replies.