What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

c&r

Mega Poster
Haha.. yes, people, Dave has made a coaster which is remotely good! While I'm here, I'm sure a while back some of you will remember my frustration at either
a) finding a decent tutorial for tools
and b) no one was willing to teach me. In the end, MONOLITH helped me out, which I thank him for, but anyway, this has driven me to make a tool tutorial. Well, I've allready been called Satan by Andres for working on this, I don't think anyone else need comment on that end of the scale ;-).

Basically I'm going to release tutorials pretty much as I build the coaster, currently online are the tutorials for the lift, first drop and first bunny hill. Obviously this doesn't go into the more complex elements as I have no idea how to make them myself, but I want it to be a good introduction to beggeners(sp?).

So yeah, head on over to my NLDC page (found here: http://nldc.interfix.net/p895) and check it out.

A

Anonymous

I can't really grasp why people are so against using tools for creating coasters. I am yet to see a valid arguement as to why tools are so bad? They allow you to create near perfect coasters, that are smooth and enjoyable to ride. They require you to use all the skills 'tooless' designs do i.e. Planning, correct forces, adrenaline etc, the only difference is that instead of messing around with vertices, you mess around with numbers. How is spending lots of time moving a mouse around to create the perfect vertex any better than spending time using numbers to achieve the exact same goal. I think both methods are perfectly acceptable ways of building coasters, so why can't they both be mutually respected?

c&r good luck with your coaster, its looking good.

zcl

Mega Poster
people aren't againt it. It's just the peeps who use tools to try and cover up crap track work to beginwith.
You damnwell better prove you can build before you abuse the tools.

Dave

CF Legend
I like using handwork for NL as that proves you can build coasters with knowledge rather than a tool to do it all for you.

I only use tools for harder track work, aka Zero-G-Rolls, Heartline rolls and Helix's

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
good argument there zcl, anyways im not really into NL that much now after getting soaked i prefer thta as you can desing your rides very goooood.

c&r

Mega Poster
You mean you don't have to put any effort in at all? thats far worse than using tools...

Also, I'd say the knowledge argument is kinda stupid as hand building doesn't require knowledge, it requires patience. I think both methods have their merits TBH, I just want to crank out ONE decent tool coaster, but maybe I should work on cranking out one decent handmade one first ;-)

Dave

CF Legend
This is my latest coaster, it is in the running.

bahamut.jpg

A

Anonymous

^ Wow that's looking really good whats the building in the background? 3Ds station?

A

Anonymous

Here's my latest project Torque, a Intamin accelarator lots of 3Ds. Themed around racing/cars like alot of accelators (Xcellarator, TTD, Rita). Working backwards Supports and theming going in as the track is created so I don't get bored so far its working. Again like TartaRoo 3D trains are being put in.

Torque.jpg

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
my newest roller coaster is called predator and is an accelerator by Intamin, the coaster has 2 top hats, both different, there is also 2 air time hills and no airtime hills like the project stealth but proper ones like the ones on the new Superman coaster in australia. It also has a immelman inversion and a new element i like to call 'snake'

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
my newest roller coaster is called predator and is an accelerator by Intamin, the coaster has 2 top hats, both different, there is also 2 air time hills and no airtime hills like the project stealth but proper ones like the ones on the new Superman coaster in australia. It also has a immelman inversion and a new element i like to call 'snake'
Predator-050916203858001.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
Introducing a new breed of X Car from B&M. Including elements from an accelerator, a mega and the 90degree+ coasters, this is my biggest and baddest coaster ever, here's a preview until I finish it.

3035-r.jpg

Lain

Giga Poster
I'm currently working on my first ever NL creation, a B&M sitdown, I'm not very good though, so be nice when I've posted it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.