What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

Dar

Hyper Poster
^I'd imagine because Baco was the closest train design for a mockup of their prototype wingcoaster?

Lofty

CF Legend
Dar said:
^I'd imagine because Baco was the closest train design for a mockup of their prototype wingcoaster?
This. It's cheaper and easier to manipulate an existing image than it is to create one from the start.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Sexy colours!

This will suit Sea World perfectly. It certainly makes amends for that Empire of the Penguin bull ****.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I was driving down Central Florida yesterday, a road that runs parallel to SeaWorld's property line. Mako is now very visible from outside of the park. In the Loop annoys me so I did not watch the video. But the photo used as a cover looks to be from International Drive. Another road that runs around their property line. I also guess the ride will be topped off sometime this weekend. Woo

Lofty

CF Legend
I quit like the Penguin ride, well, it's good for SeaWorld, it's great to see that they're adding something of worth apart from Manta, it means you can spend more than an hour in the park now :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
It's just an absolute waste of that ride technology. It's soooo short, and just soooo pants.

The Penguin enclosure at the end is cool, but the ride could have been so much more. It's actually frustrating just how much of a missed opportunity it is.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Mako has been topped off!

db_2016_0106_MakoLiftTopped1.jpg

kimahri

CF Legend
Looks pretty neat. Should be fun, you can't really go wrong with a B&M hyper and it gives a nice expansion to the ride list.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I love how this looks on the skyline, it reminds me so much of Khan and Shambhala, I love how it towers over Kraken, but doesn't dominate it, they both compliment each other very nicely.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^It's a round support. It's just the light, and the fact that it's connected to the chain return wheel cover.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I want this to be amazing, but I'm worries about it seeming comparatively pants post-Fury... I'm worries about everything seeming pants post-Fury. I worry about life not being worth living post-Fury.

I'm hoping Fury wasn't a fluke and that it demonstrates a change in B&M's style - a decision to make good airtime machines. But I doubt it.

Lofty

CF Legend
But Fury is over 100ft taller, faster and vastly superior in every which way. So in that mentality of comparing everything to Fury, most new coasters are going to be ****?

Love this photo of the topping off of Mako.

CYIOTmCWwAAS84-.png:large

Also, just in case photos aren't enough and some of you weirdos want to play with yourself over footage ( ;) ), here's a video (it does have some great shots from the top of the track).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5-FmxlOoCA[/youtube]

Martyn B

CF Legend
Seen on Facebook that it does have a small straight section after the first drop, as per the promo video.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Joey said:
I want this to be amazing, but I'm worries about it seeming comparatively pants post-Fury... I'm worries about everything seeming pants post-Fury. I worry about life not being worth living post-Fury.

I'm hoping Fury wasn't a fluke and that it demonstrates a change in B&M's style - a decision to make good airtime machines. But I doubt it.
That in part is my critique of Mako. While everyone is agreed that height doesn't matter... height does matter. At least, height matters with large hyper roller coasters.

Will this be a good B&M hyper roller coaster in it's own right? Absolutely, who doesn't like a 200 ft. steel coaster!? Will this be compared to taller, faster B&M hypers to the earth's end in a sheer numbers game? Absolutely as well - especially when trying to rationalize why one would need to get excited for Mako, when Fury, Leviathan, or other B&M hypers may be a closer drive.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Lofty said:
But Fury is over 100ft taller, faster and vastly superior in every which way. So in that mentality of comparing everything to Fury, most new coasters are going to be ****?
Mmm, not really. I mean, before Fury, I didn't care for the other gigas really. I know Ben said he thought Leviathan and Fury were pretty similar and I dunno how standard that opinion is, but to me Leviathan was just another B&M mega - floaty and fun, but nothing special. Fury is special. The height isn't the important bit, it's the fact that it is dynamic and forceful and exciting from start to finish.

I'm not convinced that those things are easy to design, else we'd see more coasters like that.

Kraken is a coaster like that, come to think of it. Kraken is world class. Dynamic, forceful, exciting.

I mean, yeah, Mako won't be bad, because all B&Ms are pretty damn good in the grand scheme of things. But there's no reason it couldn't have been a Fury and that's how I'm gonna judge every B&M airtime machine from now on, because now I know what they're capable of... Is it a Fury? Y/N? No? Bye.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

I don't get it though - not all of the airtime machines are designed to be forceful, whereas Fury is though?

Also - Kraken, world class? Forceful? REALLY?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.