What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

Intricks

Strata Poster
Supposedly, SeaWorld Orlando may be the next park to recieve either a B&M Hyper or Giga coaster here in the states.

This rumor has come from a handful of noted insiders on the Orlando United and WDWMagic forums and is said to load over by Shark Encounted and go near Kraken following the road back there.

What do you think? Could this be the beginning of a rebrand into a proper Amusement Park type with less focus on shows should they continue with the Blue World project tanks?

CDPVZ3-VAAAg1Kc.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Rumored B&M for Sea World Orlando

I don't know how likely it is, but that would be a really, really, really good idea.

andrus

Giga Poster

I think this is a great idea! I do not know the Orlando market very well, but with the recent publicity over Sea World I think this is the right direction to go. Not to mention that no other Florida park have a hyper; SW will have a mighty good sales point on their hands!

mouse

Giga Poster

If this is likely hopefully it will mean sea world are trying to move away from the whole killer whale thing.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

This would be amazing, just what florida needs.
I'd be surprised so see yet another B&M installed in the Orlando park though, not often a park sticks with one manufacturer for all their big installations...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^ Alton Towers installed 3 B&M's in a row, so did Busch Gardens and Islands of Adventure installed 3 B&M's.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The marketing possibilities are endless...

SeaWorld has to do this, or it dies.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

owentaylor121 said:
^ Alton Towers installed 3 B&M's in a row, so did Busch Gardens and Islands of Adventure installed 3 B&M's.
It happens, but rarely, Busch had Gwazi Installed in between B&Ms and I wouldn't count Dragon Challenge as 2 seperate installations. I hope it happens, as any extra B&M hyper in the world makes it a better place, but lets wait and see if this turns out to be true.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

When I read the title I thought it was going to be a crappy wing rider themed to a flying fish or something, but as people have said, it would be perfect for seaworld. I'm surprised nothing like this has happened yet in florida yet, but anyways this is the direction they need to move in to stand out in Orlando considering all this mess surrounding shamu. I'll guess they'll move towards a 'Busch Gardens of the sea' type park which I hope won't deter from tampa.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

According to my source the ride is indeed a B&M hyper coaster and around 200ft. (they have a height ceiling around that (The sky tower got special permission way back when)

they officially announced it this morning too

image_11248.jpg

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

FAB<3

I'm actually glad it's a hyper and not giga because a big airtime machine is something that is really missing at the moment in Florida. Great news!!! :--D

Lofty

CF Legend

Pretty good idea really - the park should really aim at this market, the people who want a good thrill and nothing more; that'll separate them from the other Orlando parks.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

The picture is taken from too far away to accurately make it out, but is that guy on stage somebody we know?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Sea World Orlando

Yeah, it was announced this morning. As of now, we know three things in regards to stats:

- 200ft tall
- Longer than 4,424ft
- Faster than 70mph

So I am really excited for this, and I am currently wondering a couple things: Which direction will Manby take the park in, and will this mean more rides coming into the other Sea World parks of this magnitude.

peep

CF Legend

Ooo, very exciting news for Orlando. Any ideas yet on a timeframe for this?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Late May for more details, next Year debut!

Edit: They also presented it with the hastag of "nothingfaster". Could the name potentially be Marlin or something, as isnt that the fastest sea creature currently existing, or, because of its location to Shark Encounter (supposed station area), would it be named Mako for the fastest shark?

2nd Edit: Actually, I just realized this, but it also stated it will be the Fiercest ride in Orlando...could this implicate a launch possibly? As both the Marlin and Mako (which I am going from memory as fastest shark) accelerate quickly in the water. Reason being is that I dont think they mentioned anything about it being a Hyper, but just a max height of 200ft.

This now just took an interesting turn :3

3rd Edit: Marlin, Swordfish and Sailfish are the fastest Fish, with Mako being the fastest shark.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

<3<3<3 new local credits! #NothingFaster? more like #EasyCredit
But really, this is gonna be amazing :D