What's new

NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 - Magma (Review Page 9)

Jools

Giga Poster
Re: NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 ?

Live to dream. It will probably look really plastic. We'll have to see! But it does look really cool... if a bit tacky :p That also clears up it's obviously not the Loudoun one!

CJH21

Roller Poster

The Zamperla Flash Tower looks quite good not sure on the height though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

One of these then?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpne3tCYRzM[/youtube]

marc

CF Legend
NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 ?

Do I get a prize for guessing what it would be lol. Joking.

Ok it's not the Scotland one, but from day 1 I thought it would be some sort of shot tower.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Looks cute. Not amazing theming, but good theming definitely. Good work Paultons. =]

Lofty

CF Legend

If they theme it to that concept art. It will be a pretty great addition to the park in terms of a themed ride.

ewanjohn

Roller Poster

I have bee to Paultons a few times with the kids and I have to say that i think it is one of the best value and fun parks for the under 14's. The new drop tower looks great and after the Peppa Pig World addition it is good of them thinking of the older kids and adults that got to the park. Will show this to the kids and see how excited they get.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

^Had a look at that website and it seems like they're the guys behind Thomas Land at DMP. It really should be well done.

Otherwise, never been to Paultons but from what I've seen, This will fit in brilliantly as a small thrill ride.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Looks quite good actually.

The drops on them look quite forceful too (judging by that video).

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Apologies for not being first with this, very slow of me! Once I have net access at home I'll be back on the ball.

Anyway, I can confirm that it's a SBF Drop & Twist tower, like the one at Flambards but custom made so it's under 25mtrs tall.

The ride will feature smoke light and sound effects. The queue line will also be themed (more info at a later date :wink:).

The ride will not be open until at least 24th March.

I like drop towers. Not sure if the twist is something I'll enjoy but time will tell. I'm looking forward to the theme. A well themed ride might look out of place near the near barren Cobra and Edge rides but it's a good step for Paultons to take.

However, I wonder if it'll beat the FAB Jumpin' Bean? That's the best drop (well, bounce) tower in the UK imo. If the willy lift is substantial enough, it should be fab enough.

gunmonkey

Roller Poster

Latest pics of ride from Paulton's Facebook page. Looks like the ride is ready to go, strangely though I'm more interested in how the queue theming will turn out :?

Attachments

• magmaride1.jpg
    magmaride1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 47
  • magmaride2.jpg
    magmaride2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 47

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

Not a bad addition at all. :D I've always liked the theme of volcanic eruption when applied to shot towers, as has been done with the ride at Fantasy Island in Ingoldmells. Good stuff! :D

Martyn B

CF Legend

Its up already:

magma6.jpg

magma3.jpg

http://themeuk.net/

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Looks like alot of theming going into this..... It's going to be a really good ride for paultons.