What's new

NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 - Magma (Review Page 9)

gunmonkey

Roller Poster
Re: NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 ?

A dark ride would be on my wish list as Paultons has not got one, quiet too so no complaints from locals. Bit expensive though and i'm sure work would have started by now as it would be a biggish project, plus why waste the space left by the empty Romany Exhibit. Please Please Please Paultons not another merry go round style ride !!

Will

Strata Poster

^^^
If it means I don't have to write the phrase 'Big Fun' in a topic ever again, I shan't be sad...
Just feels like the most ridiculous name since Alton kept being going to get a Rockin' Tug. And then (I think) they did...

gunmonkey

Roller Poster

New update on Paultons Blog today "Friday 25th November 2011 - UPDATE

In response to last weeks rising ground temperatures at the site in the vicinity of the EDGE and Cobra rides along with the ongoing unusual rumbling noises heard by staff, we are advising all visitors & staff to keep off the grass for the time being whilst surveillance continues."

Attachments

• SIGN.jpg
    SIGN.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 140

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I've had a quick look on the New Forest National Park Authority's website for any planning applications and didn't find anything....then again, that's never stopped them building something before :lol:

Aaron

Hyper Poster
NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 ?

Nice to see they're trying an original interest generating idea... (!)

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

Inverse

Hyper Poster

The reports might sugest something volcano themed. Or a geiser for a water ride?

gunmonkey

Roller Poster

One of these would be nice, plus the neighbours would love it ! :lol:

Attachments

• volcano-the-blast.jpg
    volcano-the-blast.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 80

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

^ Just imagine them trying to get away with that with no planning permission. XD

STC

Mega Poster

Clearly dinosaur themed, with maybe volcanoes!

With their problems with planning permission in regards to height and noise, could this be a dark ride...? The dino themed would suggest so.

nadroJ

CF Legend

^But, they already HAVE a dinosaur themed ride with volcanoes!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgIykSBrqTg[/youtube]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Martyn B said:
Who says that site is anything to do with Paultons?
Me! The new ride will be opening in 2012. I have NO idea what it is though.

Regarding planning permission, that side of the park is now dedicated "amusement park land", therefore I don't think they need permission to build on it. I could be wrong.

I have a feeling it'll be a dark ride. I'm not expecting a CRED as I was told last year by the park that they've reached their coaster limit for the time being.

However, these things change so fingers crossed! Whatever it is, it needs to be knocked up and themed within five months if they're going to open it at the start of the season.

T0M

Hyper Poster

I hope this is something which will make me want to visit the park for the first time! I do like dinosaur themes and think there is space for more in the UK!

While the artwork is great, the name/slogan is a little vague and not exactly captivating.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Regarding planning permission, that side of the park is now dedicated "amusement park land", therefore I don't think they need permission to build on it. I could be wrong.

Sounds like the same deal my local park, PWH, have got going on. Called something like a Lawful Developement Certificate, meaning (in PWH's case) they can build anything up to 25m in height without the need for Planning permission.

gunmonkey

Roller Poster

A dark ride would make sense as the proposed land is next to percys bounces which is a large building containing a temp bouncy castle and a few tramopolines, ideal for redevelopment and would be quick project to complete

pitchnoir

Mega Poster

After having a ganders through the posts and what not, i thought i would chuck in my 2 cents so to speak.

Has anybody though of the relocation of the dinosaurs from the woodland area, into this area and using these elements as themeing? and for a ride for this theme? how about a rapids ride so to speak? being able to ride the lava from the volcano?

just a small idea, as it could work and would mean that paultons wouldnt have to fork out more money for all the themeing only the majority :wink: ( and i say themeing, because with the way paultons is going, it is becoming more immursive along with the whole promo material that is coming out with this new addition)