What's new

NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 - Magma (Review Page 9)

gunmonkey

Roller Poster
Strangely on the Paultons park Blog there is an article reporting strange rumbling noises being heard in the area that both Cobra and Edge are located and also a rise in the ground tempreture from the usual 9 to 30 degrees ! Could this be the start of a campaign for a new ride being located in the area for 2012 ? :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 ?

^Nah, that's just the underground volcano Paultons Park is built on.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I did read this and it perked my interest a little. I quite like silly, subtle kind of hype like this; though I doubt it's going to be a major new development. It's good that they're doing something though, it's almost like Peppa Pig world was popular or something ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It's probably all the hot air spouted by the local NIMBYs. When I know more, I'll pass it on.

nadroJ

CF Legend

^I was going to say, I'd be very surprised if we don't see a fair sized investment coming soon, they must've made enough money!

On that note, does anybody actually know how well Paultons did this year?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ok, had a reply from the park.

There's no smoke without fire!

Keep an eye on our Facebook page for now...

So yeah, looks like a marketing strategy for a new attraction. At least that's my guess. I honestly know nothing more than that and am purely speculating.

peep

CF Legend

That's really intriguing. Like Furie, I love little hints like this for early marketing for a new addition. I hope they get something fun, something maybe for the early teens to help balance the attractions for all the family members.

Ben

CF Legend

I'm more excited to see just how much the inevitablely pretty poor addition gets arse-licked on here for no reason other than "it's Paultons" <3

Aaron

Hyper Poster
NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 ?

That's two references to fire then, hmmm one to watch out for I feel!

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Ian said:
So yeah, looks like a marketing strategy for a new attraction.

As does this entire thread, including whoever at Paulton's signed up and started it.

Nic

Strata Poster

gavin said:
Ian said:
So yeah, looks like a marketing strategy for a new attraction.

As does this entire thread, including whoever at Paulton's signed up and started it.

Hahaha, you've gotta give it to him, Gavin's got a point! ;)

The whole thing is kinda fab though <3

gunmonkey

Roller Poster

Would make sense to put something there aimed towards early teens as they would want to balance up Peppa Pig World, plus the rides in that area are already aimed towards that age bracket ( Edge and Cobra )

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

GCI Big Fun anyone? It seems like it might fit, not a hard-core thriller but still better than a kiddie and reasonably priced.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I don't know about the locals near Paulton but would the council allow a 60 feet wooden coaster? Even if it's aimed at families, it makes the same noise and the supports can not be sand-filled...

I wish it was one of these Big Fun!

Ollie

CF Legend

It's not a coaster or a massive investment as they've just spent loads on Pepper Pig World.
Also apparetly a ride is being removed from the park next year which is the first time in years it's happened I think.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Is this "Big Fun" thing going to be the new "Megalite"? You know, being dragged up every time a rumour of a new ride appears?

Seriously?!

STC

Mega Poster

gavin said:
Is this "Big Fun" thing going to be the new "Megalite"? You know, being dragged up every time a rumour of a new ride appears?

Seriously?!
Nailed it again. It's stupid, we'll probably see one built in Japan and one in Finland and then we'll never hear of it again.