What's new

NEW RIDE PAULTONS 2012 - Magma (Review Page 9)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yup, looks like a good, solid attraction.

Shame the rest of the park looks a bit, meh. From the views of the tower, it looks like a seaside pleasure beach, with grass.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Nah you have to go there to understand it. It really is a quaint, lovely little park. Everything is very neat and tidy, with some good rides catering to their audience mixed in with gardens and few animal exhibits. It's just lovely.

Jake

Strata Poster
I think the ride its self is pretty ugly. What's with the footrests?!

It looks like a tacky fairground ride with some fiberglass.

Wait... a... minute...

vol1.jpg

1303948198_a5f911b129_z.jpg

Actually, Fantasy Island did a better job and that's the biggest dump in the country.

I know they've made the effort etc, but I'm fed up of everything Paultons shove in being treated like the second coming of Jesus. If it was an amazing park then maybe, but it really isn't. I guess it's down the road from Ian though :p.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^I think it's more to do with the fact that it's a relatively tiny park doing really well for itself, and they don't pretend to be giving you something they're not (Merlin). I wouldn't say Paultons is mega ohmygod fantastic, but I think it is a very pleasant park who seem to take pride in themselves and know that they're not going to be the biggest and best park around, but they'll give an attempt at creating a ride 'experience' as opposed to just bunging it down on some concrete.

I felt the same when I went on Astro Storm at Brean. The park overall is a bit gross, but I think that's more to do with the setting. The fact that they'd tried with their newest attraction really said something. No it's not the best thing in the world but I think effort really does count for a lot, which is something I personally think Paultons always give 100% in.

That said, I am beginning to wonder where all the sweet moola they're clearly making from Peppa Pig is going if this is their latest offering.