What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

c&r

Mega Poster
Looks more balderish to me, but anyway - where you testing the block system there? It's just that unless the MCBR is only just out of sight, the train on the lift now is going to stack, very badly.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Well, someone managed to sneak up to Pyria Falls Theme Park today, and captured something rather spectacular. When they arrived, something quickly made them grab the camera and get a snap shot quickly. This is what was seen:

test.jpg

It appears that a train has been spotted on the track! This must mean that testing has started, and we were never aware that the track was even finished. :eek:

The people hung around for a bit, but they never saw another train. Pyria Falls must be hiding alot of information!

They will be back there tommorow, this time with a video camera!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Hmmmm Andre, Im not liking this one as much as your others. The textures seem too repeated. You need different textures, especially for groundwork. Other than that, its cooool!

A

Anonymous

Lord Summerisle said:
now on my next project... its emerging slowly - started last night.

And as is my want.... i'm taking on schwarzkarf ideas that never came to fruition... my last 8isle took on his idea of the figure 8 loop on a traveller...

so this is taking on a unrealized project:

ESaltontowerscoaster01.jpg

Tho this is to be a terrain hugging B&M 4 car inverted - taking the same principles of a 3 lift hill part racer/dueller.

going to be very complicated as am working on the 1st and 3rd lift to sync for the racing/duel part - then sparate off for a middle section...

we'll see... keep me busy till the next comp.

having had a break for a few months - i've come back to this to try and finish. not sure if it'll ever be 'finished' finished... but we'll see.

will post some insights.. but the coaster is working as i wanted it to, but the elements need smoothing out in places and need to get some forces under control - its a long process as i need to keep checking the timings but i'm gettin there :)

A

Anonymous

^ Note that framerates can cause problems with getting the timing right.
The running trains goes "slower" at low framrates (below about 10-15) and the train at the station still runs by a clock that doesn?t get affected by the low FPS.
Noted this during my timings of Purple Interstate, because it was easy to sync the train without support, 3Ds and terrain, but after adding all "stuff" then the train was out of sync and the whole timing proces was to start all over again.
So good luck with the timings and hopefully it will soon be completed.

I on the other hand have had much work at school by building a Nanosatellite but that one is now complete, but now I have gotten some ideas, after seeing the latest pictures from Walbi World Belgium of their Mountain Flyer, and I have started to plan a little about it.
But I have also my Intamin Launched SLC that have been put on hold.

EDIT:
I postponed my plans of doing a Mountain Flyer, and continued on my SLC instead, I had some issues that had to be fixed untill I could continue with 3Ds, but now it?s go again.
loefet2-2.jpg

EDIT 2 (19:50): Have been doing tunnels the whole day, still have half of them to go, I?m getting tired of doing tunnels! :|

A

Anonymous

Sorry about double posting, but here is a small update from my track.

All the tunnels are complete now, I estimate that atleast 1/3:rd of the track is underground, so it has taken a lot of time to finish them all.

On the picture below You can see 3 of the entrance/exits of the tunnels and 2 others are hinted. Enjoy!
loefet2-3.jpg

On a good note my FPS is still above 40 with some extra eyecandy on.

EDIT: I didn?t want to make a tripple post so I edited this one instead.
Today I have added some Lava to my 3Ds and it looks great.
I think that the major 3Ds work now is complete, just some path and other small stuff around the station, and some textures to some places, but they are pretty much complete.
Will do the supports before I continue with 3D work.

Here in another screen for you.
loefet2-4.jpg

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ This should be a really cool coaster once the support work is done, am looking forward to it :)

Ive done more work to Project Nemo.. including adding a 60m tall drop tower ;) I still need to make the textures better and less repeaty, which i shall do at some time lol.

http://nldc.interfix.net/i12200

Here are some new pictures, tell me what you think :D

Aaron

Hyper Poster
loefet, that is the coaster that inferno should have been!

Andre, that looks amazing! can't wait to see it!

A

Anonymous

Andre, that looks incredible. I hope the FPS doesn't suffer too much!

Having ridden Loefet's beast long, long ago, I can tell you it's very smooth and VERY fast.

A

Anonymous

Crazycoaster: that one looks really ace.

Insane: Looks really good, just some supports that need some work. But it seems to flow very nice.

Crunchysaviour: there have been some modifications since you rode it (mainly after the MCBR and the brakerun) but the rest of the track is the same.
Some days ago I tried to do a more "flowing" inline twists instead of the ones that are half-computer aided, but that will result in some major work and I probably have to redo much of the 3Ds, and I don?t want to do that now.
At the moment the track have been put on hold until my comp entry is done.

My track is a realization of an idea I got when the Intamin SLC was released and now I have gained the experience to finalize it in the way I want.
I got some inspiration from Arrowfanmans latest project that he showed here (what happened to that one?), but I went a little more extreme.

A

Anonymous

A 3DS BADGER! You added that because it was the only thing missing from Breathe!

Edit: The track looks utterly stunning. I can't help but think that my computer is going to die when it tries to render it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.