What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almost

Hyper Poster
loefet said:
As I think at the moment I will use Intamin sitdown style to be able to make the rolling part of the track look loike the original without a load of 3ds.
Planing to use a 3 car train to simulate the capacity of the original x-car train, and also a little of the look of the x-car.

Now the layout is almost complete, except a load of smoothing on the rolling, and also verify so that the ride will be as close to the real thing as possible (right amount of passes and so forth).

To bad that it?s not possible to make an accurate copy of the Sky-wheel, because you have to make a shuttle of it, but you only have to press 8 at the finish of the ride and it will start again.

Oh yes good call, for a G-Force like X Car the premier would be best but sky wheel has the 4 tubed track.

I think it should be heartlined more.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2773.htm?picture=32

And what's the point of 3d's outside of the station, just release it.

A

Anonymous

Nah! Add the 3DS. Don't let it take the frame rate down too much, though!

A

Anonymous

What ever you say, I will still add the 3Ds. But the thing I will add are "just" a spine to the track, a station and some small other things that are on these coaster to make it as real as possible.

I will investigate the heartlining a little bit more.

I have now learned how to add textures in Wings without make a 2MB uv mapp of the object, so the FPS will be better then last time.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Hey, been away from the NL scene for a bit now im coming back with my re-construction of the new oakwood coaster
oakwood20060601281608440006xd.png

as you see it is not finished!

A

Anonymous

Preview shot of a coaster I am currently working on. As you can see there still is a fair of work to be done. Also a name for it is needed so any suggestions via PM would be great.

Screenshot:
http://tinyurl.com/7uxpt

A

Anonymous

^^ Really nice.

^ Looks really good, but some of the footers need a little work to make them look like real Intamin ones.

My project has almost ground to a halt at the moment, mainly because I have alot to do in school (Design and build a Nanosatellite in one course and plan a comunication and Onboard data handling system for another Nanosatellite in the other course).

Peter

Hyper Poster
The park where project airwave has been built has released more information about their upcomming gerstlauer eurofighter. A layout has now been suggested, but there is still a chance that parts may change.

airwave_layout.jpg

The park has also released another artist's impression.

airwave_teaser.jpg

It has also been confirmed that the train launches to 50mph in 1.75 seconds, and has a maximum G-Force of +5.2. :shock:

A

Anonymous

Looks like a good layout, Whizzkid. I look forward to riding that one!

Maybe you could include more turns in the last bit. I don't know, though.

Peter

Hyper Poster
More progess has been made with Project Airwave. The local council has approved planning permission, and the ride is now becomming a reality.

The park has immediatly started construction, with clearing of the ground (which is now a huge pad of mud :lol:) and the first few footers and supports going up. The first section of track has arrived at the site. Gerstlauer want this ride to be up in record time!

The park has begun to release images of construction. The first image shows the first footers and supports. It appears that these may be the airtime hills towards the end of the ride.
1.jpg

Another picture of the section of track, which has appeared on site. It looks very twisted!!

2.jpg

Expect more updates soon!

A

Anonymous

^Haha! I love the approach with that coaster. Looks excellent.

Jungle rush looks nice too.

Peter

Hyper Poster
The park (which really ought to get a name :lol:) has released a few more images. I told you that construction was going to happen fast!

The track has been connected to the airtime hills, aswell as dumping more soil around the base of the suppots.

3.jpg

Supports and footers have gone down just beyound the artime hills. Compare this to the layout plans released earlier, and it looks asif it might be the 540 degree helix at the end of the ride.

4.jpg

Ground work and foundations have started on the station.

5.jpg

Almost

Hyper Poster
My new project Xterra, not done quite yet, but I've begun to support.

Promo Poster
0602051656060036cw.png

Unknown element
0602062214010001dw.png

Unknown element
0602062214170014hs.png

Cobra Loop
0602062214270024xw.png

Airtime hill
0602062214420037bs.png

Top hat
0602062214540042vm.png

Top hat turn
0602062214590056di.png

Launch track is complete, launch motor should be installed soon.
0602062215150063zj.png

That is all for this update.

Dave

CF Legend
Jesus, that is some bad graphics, what is up with your No Limits?

It looks interesting, some areas need more supporting you know, the cobra loop (looks like a dive loop) needs a support on the crest.

Seems like everyone is beavering away at making a roller coaster, as im making Hammer and my new roller coaster Dark Python based on a PAX launched inverted. Should be interesting.

A

Anonymous

I still love that creation whizzkid! It's coming on really well.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
Jesus, that is some bad graphics, what is up with your No Limits?

It looks interesting, some areas need more supporting you know, the cobra loop (looks like a dive loop) needs a support on the crest.

I've learned to live with the bad graphics so what ever, and the cobra loop is fine, some top hats are worsely supported than that and your looking at it backwards, it's an immelman such as the one on Storm Runner.

Dave

CF Legend
No seriously it needs a support, most top hats are unsupported because the train is on TOP of the track not below!

Status
Not open for further replies.