What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Hyper Poster
arrowfanman - loving the look of that X-Car :

Crazycoaster - that path looks so much better with a few trees and that random pond thing! :p

Project Airwave

678-9498-lg.jpg

I spent all afternoon making that tunnel and hiding it behind the terrain. :roll:

A

Anonymous

My new track is now complete and terraformed, it will have massive 3Ds works.

Cracycoaster - Looks much better.

Whizzkid - Your image doesn?t work for me.

Arrowfanman - looks really ace.

Dude - Looking good so far, hopes that the track continues in that fashion.

A

Anonymous

This is the image that Whizzkid tried to post:

678-9498-lg.jpg

EDIT: Nice choice of blue, there, Whizzkid! :wink:

A

Anonymous

Whizzkid said:
^ looks good

My next track - A B&M twister coaster currently with no name (if anyone could help me with one that'd be great :D)

Track Layout complete, but i need to sort out some pumps and the overall smoothness. Supports also need doing.
Hey great coaster how do you make inversions??? can somebody tell me

Jake

Strata Poster
You raise the track in the shape you need, and bank it accordingly...

And don't use prefabs!

Peter

Hyper Poster
crunchysaviour - thanks for re-posting that picture, don't know why it's not working for you loefet as it worked fine on my computer and at school.

Crazymonkey - talk about bringing up a dead coaster, lol. I've finished and released that one ages ago. PM me if you really want to see it, and i'll e-mail you the file.

Basic inversions are dead easy, as Jake said, just shape the track and bank accordingly. You may need to press the "rell Roll" feature on vertexies that are upside down.

A

Anonymous

Whizzkid said:
crunchysaviour - thanks for re-posting that picture, don't know why it's not working for you loefet as it worked fine on my computer and at school.

Lol, I cant see that one either, but I have seen it on your NLDC page. Looks good so far.

The strange thing is that I can se the first one you posted a few pages ago.

A

Anonymous

Yes dont use prefabs. If your going to use elements, make them yourself, and dont be afraid to learn tools if you want too ;) lol. Im gonna campaign for tools until you all accept that it isnt easier to use tools! :D

A

Anonymous

Andre, I have to say, that looks much better! BTW...When possible, lets see more station pics! I love your little architectual flare!

Dude--Looks pretty crazy! Are you sure its not a rocket? Lol...that looks pretty steep. :D

As far as my X-car coaster is concerned, I pretty much supported it. Pretty hard to do!

28-060105205731000.jpg

I was much more abstract than usual! Normally, I stick to standard, proven-supports, but here, I basically had to say "Ok, here's where the footers are going, and here's where the track connection is--now how can I connect the two?!" Lol...I rather support a hyper! And as you see, that lift hasn't been touched yet! :lol: I have absolutely no official plan on how I will support that baby, without driving a buttload of supports through the roof of my station! I think I'm gonna do a large truss, like what I saw in a pic of a REAL X-Car coaster (Like the heartline roll in here).

Also, I have a tunnel!

28-060105205858002.jpg

That's why none of the supports touch the ground--because the whole ground will be 3ds ( :( ). (I guess that means that the footers will be too! :( (...somebody shoot me! What did I get myself into! :lol: )

I also have one of those spots where the track doesn't quite go deep enough to tunnel, but it does dip beneath the ground:

28-060105205756001.jpg

I think it might be fun to run the queue over this area! :D

However, I don't know how, if anymore complicated I can make this thing anymore! It's really getting hard to see what I'm working on!:

28jpg.jpg

Well, thanks for readin'!

-Jahan

A

Anonymous

Looks good, Jahan.

I wouldn't have black supports, personally. I might even reduce the thickness of some of them!

Dude

Roller Poster
arrowfanman said:
Dude--Looks pretty crazy! Are you sure its not a rocket? Lol...that looks pretty steep.

No its not a rocket. Its steep because I wanted some ejector air in it.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
ookay heres some pictures of the architectural type things :D

Ride entrance, and overview of buildings:
Breathebuildingsoverview.jpg

The transfer track hanger:
BreatheTransferHanger.jpg

And again:
BreatheTransferHanger2.jpg

Station:
Breathestation.jpg

and again:
Breathestation2.jpg

le shop:
BreatheShop.jpg

and finally some swirl things:
Breatheswirls.jpg

also.. jahan look what i have to work with :p lol:
eek.jpg

hope these are alright.. am practically finished now.. should be released within the next few days!

A

Anonymous

A pic of a project I started two days ago, and the station has driven me insane a couple of times but its pretty complete now.

loefet2-1.jpg

Lain

Giga Poster
^That looks cool, has anybody ever done an Intamin invert on here...?

Andre, yours looks really cool too, I think it is possible to be too good at NL... :lol:

A

Anonymous

^ he is very good at nolimits and that invert looks awesome. Although i reckon there are still a few people who are better at nolimits, Real, Hansixx, Phyter, RiscIt. But you are one of the best hand builders i have seen. In fact the only hand builder i think thats better than you is my friend Bobcoaster off of WWS (i dont know if all of you go on the exchange sites, but he made all of the twister series, Twister More, Twister again etc, all based on Mr Twister, Twister II, and Kneobels Twister, they are worth a try if you see them.) Anyway my point Crazycoaster, You do make very good hand built rides. I think you could be better if you started using tools........... :D lol. Only joking. :D

A

Anonymous

Flocko said:
^That looks cool, has anybody ever done an Intamin invert on here...?

I did one over a year ago, when the Intamin SLC was new to NL.

A

Anonymous

That's looking good, Jake, although i think the wing could do with being a little bigger.......

No it doesn't need to be any bigger because in the pilot episode half of it falls off causing an explosion.

A

Anonymous

*thinks Breathe is a rubbish name - sorry, Andre and Ziggy!*

Here's a WIP of my rec of the Treetops Roller Coaster at Oakwood. It's a Zierer Tivoli (Large) which basically meant that I could view pics of other coasters to get a better idea of what it looks like.

15626-r.jpg

15628-r.jpg

Problems:
1. The type of coaster that I need is not included. The track is most similar to the Intamin 2-tube track, although the real Zierer track is I-section. The trains are nothing like Intamin hyper trains in real life; the real train has 20 two-seat cars. This could be simulated by using the GCI two-seat wooden coaster style, but that slows down very quickly indeed and is not suitable for simulating this ride.

2. The trains just don't hold their speed as well as they ought to. Using the stats from loads of sites (track length and height etc), the coaster just ends up going too slowly at the end. I've had to use a little "recreational licence" in making this rec!

3. The real thing has a curve at the end of its station, as seen in screenshot 2. NL does not allow such two-section stations to be made. The screenshot taken shows the train after it has already started to move.

4. The trees are half as tall as they should be! Anyone who knows of taller pine and oak trees, etc, I would appreciate it if you could point me in their direction!

Peter

Hyper Poster
^looking good. One way to get over the tree height would be to create your own environment. That way you can manually customise the width and height of trees. :D

Would anyone mind if an immelman was inserted into "Project Airwave"? It's supposed to be a Gerstlauer Launched coaster, which judging from pictures looks very similar to an X-car, meaning that it should be capiable of inversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.