Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

CF Legend
Crazycoaster said:
Lord Kotowa said:
I know what roller coaster it is :p

Meh this could be another ride where im not wowed, lol.

well TBH ive never been wowed by anything you've ever created.

Flocko your ride looks really cool, ditto to Whizzkid, lovin the station.. looks quite TTDesk from that angle/colour.

You biatch :D

A

Anonymous

^Thanks.

I'm happy to say, that I have actually been able to progress a bit farther. So much so, that I feel confident giving you guys a bit of info on the ride. Here's the layout, so far ... I wouldn't be surpised if this ended up not even being 1/2 of the way done! :D :

28-060101211314000.jpg

Ok, so here's pretty much the layout, so far. The 3ds I started to do for fun, but I really like, so its gonna stay. As you can see, the 3ds isn't textured yet--I do that last, to ensure that I remain focused on "what's important"....lol...I easily get distracted.

28-060101211349001.jpg

Here's a shot from inside of the station. I anticipate on having two stations--a load and unload station, for higher capacity. This is the load station. Since the other side of the station will not be used (due to the fact that people unload in another station), I thought it would be fun to run the track underground, and have the lift come up, inside of the station...then, all of the awaiting riders would get to see a new train-load of passengers heading towards a similar fate! It is behind "soundproof glass" to ensure no sound lift sounds get through--note: this is pretty much a fantasy coaster. In reality, they would have too much of an issue with people flipping the station off! :lol: But as for this virtual world, I thought it would be fun to have a lift-station-"fly-by".

28-060101211406002.jpg

Lol...this pic doesn't really show you much. It only shows you two things. One, it demonstrates that the track will be going underneath the (soon to be, 3ds) ground. It also shows the safety station, which is a realistic element added, even though it will not be used when the track is released.

On Space Mountain, at Disneyland, you load into the vehicle in the station, and then progress forward, without having a safety check! You then move into a track segment in front of the station, and another op checks your safety restraint. This is for maximum efficiency, as you are essentially "purposfully stacking" the ride, and then checking the restraints while waiting for the block to clear. So in reality, this would allow my ride to run 4 trains, when it is designed for 3. However, for the sake of "not having ride ops in NL", this safety-station will be used for show-only, and the ride will run only 3 trains.

Well, I hope you like the little details I'm thinking of, that are distracting me from actually making the layout! :lol:

-Jahan

A

Anonymous

^ OMG, I really hope that you will finish that ride, it looks really awesome.

c&r

Mega Poster
Yeah, I love the station! It's so cute and futuristic, and the layout looks insanely well paced :-D.

A

Anonymous

How about "lifthill".

:lol: Sorry...I need to see a better idea of the layout before I can think of a name.

And thanks to the comments above! If not encouraging, they sure do make me feel obligated to finish! Then again, your only saying that because you want your stupid Comp Results. ;)

A

Anonymous

^Now why would that be true when I didn't enter the comp :?:

A

Anonymous

Well, Andre, apart from it looking bloody good, I don't like the following:

- The wide expanses of concrete
- The cattle-pen queue line.

But that's all! I'm sure it's not finished yet though.

A

Anonymous

arrowfanman said:
And thanks to the comments above! If not encouraging, they sure do make me feel obligated to finish! Then again, your only saying that because you want your stupid Comp Results. ;)
No thet one really looks ace, and yeah it would be nice if we could get our compscore but I?m not that impatient. I really hope that you will finnish this one, and it gave me encouragement to make the one that I?m designing in my head at the moment.

Crazycoaster - That one really looks like the real thing (like the others) but I really want to se another coaster type now. :)

crunchysaviour said:
- The cattle-pen queue line.
Then you havn?t seen mine at my big Intamin Giga. :)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ Hey ive made other types before :O lol. Ive only like made 3 inverts that people have liked... (well 4 if you include Vertikill which i did before the whole like website went down and stuff)

How can you make a realistically lengthed (wow i think i invented a word woohoo) queueline not like a cattle-pen lol? And the people in the queue line can look at the pretty swirls and stuff that i have to put in still lol.

What is a cattle pen? *looks confused*

bob_3_

Giga Poster
1623_cattle_loading_pen_parts.gif

thats a drawing of how to make one =)

CattlePenSketch.jpg

and heres a drawing of one, yay!

btw andre, your coasters mega ace! I love the swirly bits. Might be cool to have a touch of colour though, you could just add that to the car texture though, just summin subtle.

Jake

Strata Poster
I started "Project LOST" last night, the plane isn't anywhere near finished, I just wanted to show you roughly what it looks like:

PROJECTLOST1.jpg

Theres a bunch of other stuff aswell, which will take ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.