What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

http://nldc.interfix.net/p1066

New update on 1 of 2 of my major projects. Both woodies. This one is the out & back one, with a 200 foot first drop into a small underground tunnel, and then into a 60mph small airtime hill :D Im currently making custom lateral bracing, which is taking a little while, but it will be worth it. The structure is really close to the tracks running through it, as close as possible in fact.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Crazycoaster said:
make the path less repeaty... (increase the texture scale etc)

No, dont even do that. It'l look pixalated n ****...
Get a different texture where the colours are closely matched. Ie, make a grey image and add noise, turn it into greyscale, done! You have concrete!

You'l learn these tricks as you get more and more advanced.

A

Anonymous

loefet9.jpg

Track complete, Supports almost comlete (think I will add flanges), 3Ds say 50% complete.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
WHOA...

OMG...

WHOA... (damn used that one already)

That looks awesome... is it a racer then?

A

Anonymous

The first and second part of the track races and timing depends on the how the FPS is at certain places, the 3:rd part of the track runs back to the station with some nice interactions with the other 2 parts along the way.

Its over 8500 ft long, 320 ft tall and runs 5 trains quite well

Dave

CF Legend
Excuse me while i say something

Holy ****ing mother of god that is some shexy supporting, my house is now flooded because of the amount of creamage that just came out because of that picture!

Peter

Hyper Poster
^ er, nice picture... :wink:

Looking great loefet, the supports are ace and flow really nicely, but as someone said earlier, you'r going to need supports for the supports soon! :p

And flanges!?! Wow, good luck with those!!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^haha that would be my comment!

Hey nice one mate! It looks Awsome! :D
Bet that took you a while! LOL Lets just hope the ride is as good as your supports :p

A

Anonymous

Thanks all.

Contact me if you would like a very nice thing......... a video hehe
If you want to do that, you must know that I want high quality, meaning high resolution and without lag, and I have the solution to fix that.

Holy mother of god that is some shexy supporting, my house is now flooded because of the amount of creamage that just came out because of that picture!
Hope that you was able to get your house clean. :D

And flanges!?! Wow, good luck with those!!
Am I the only one that don?t see the problem!!
Thought that I would use the autoflanger and remove about 90% of them, but I really want this to be done all by myself so I will do them by hand.

Bet that took you a while! LOL Lets just hope the ride is as good as your supports
The lifthill took about 2 days to complete, and the other big ones took 3-5 hours each and the small ones got done in approx 3 hours.
I let SFOGRICH to testride some time ago and he liked it (no 3Ds or support), since then some small changes have been done but all I can say is that its got better after those, and I really like it.

A little fun fact is that i once tried to run it through a track smoother and the result was a bit worse the the original track. 8)

A

Anonymous

A little FPS update
I have added some stuff and the lowest value is no about 11 fps and I?m not done yet.

EDIT:
After some thought I have decided to don?t add any flanges, they would kill the sleek impression of the supports.
Since last time I have now added walkways with fence and trees around the coaster, this have given the coaster a really nice atmosphere and it looks 100 times better then before.
So now untill release I have some 3Ds work in front of me to add to its surroundings and to make it look even better.

Expect a release some time in January.

Dave

CF Legend
Here is the progress i made on my coaster Ymir.

581-8971-lg.jpg

^ The lift hill supports.

581-8978-lg.jpg

^ The first airtime hill supports.

A

Anonymous

^ I really like the looks of those supports to that lifthill, but I dont like the way you have connectef the lattice directly to the footers. It looks better if you put a node about a foot or 2 above the footer and conect them to those instead.

My project is nearing the closing stages, but I won?t release it until the naming comp is complete, there is still some 3Ds to do but some of them can?t be done until the name is decided.

Here a little teaser until release.
loefet10.jpg

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I've come to a grinding stop on the inverted coaster! I'm running low on harddrive space, 0.7gig to be precise and I cant really carry on with my project till I get a new harddrive. The modelling, which so far I have saved over 800 times is well over .25 gig's worth of modelling, this is how intesne the modelling is.

So dont expect it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.