What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
It’s interesting that it will be the fastest as well as the tallest. I wasn’t sure if it would necessarily take the speed record from Stealth.

The aesthetic in that video would also be quite fitting for the rumour that @Intamin Forever posted above about the ride being called Icarus…

Last edited:

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I like it. Big fan of it. Short but sweet. It's screaming a potential "in your face THORPE #1🎢🎢🎢 " theme which I have been infinitely rooting for ever since this ride's conception, and pretty much confirms that the layout we're getting is the same that was revealed almost two years back now.

I believe this is also the first time Thorpe have publicly acknowledged that it will also be the UK's fastest coaster, which is neat.

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
It’s interesting that it will be the fastest as well as the tallest. I wasn’t sure if it would necessarily take the speed record from Stealth.

The aesthetic in that video would also be quite fitting for the rumour that @CrashCoaster posted above about the ride being called Icarus…
Sorry to be a snob, but I was the first to mention the Icarus name. Just getting it out there. But in all fairness this new video actually nearly puts that in concrete, so, you can say I may get things right every now and then!

Lukas D

Roller Poster
The following is from the YouTube video description: "Not only is Project Exodus going to be the UK's tallest rollercoaster, but it'll also be the UK's fastest coaster and will stand proud with its striking black, gold and white colour scheme🎢✨" Black might be new in the mix? Black trains probably?

Also, I enjoyed that music. Any chance it'll have onboard audio and this will be the soundtrack?

Niles

Giga Poster
I did bring it up in this thread but Thorpe are beating the Big Ones lie of the height but Blackpool still claim the Big One does 85mph, i wonder as they are now stating it will be the fastest coaster will Blackpool still keep up the lie?

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to be a snob, but I was the first to mention the Icarus name. Just getting it out there. But in all fairness this new video actually nearly puts that in concrete, so, you can say I may get things right every now and then!
My mistake… I hadn’t seen (or at very least, I forgot about) your earlier post, sorry.

I’ve edited my post to ensure you receive the credit you deserve.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm expecting a 5-15second clip saying "UK's tallest coaster coming 2024", with some hint to the theme/style (maybe some throwaway slogan).

To the masses, that's enough to perk up interest (a large proportion don't know the park are building a coaster, less know about it being the tallest coaster in the country). To the geeks, it's enough to whet people's whistle and get thousands of messages of discussion.

Called it.

That's all this needed to be. An official, clear announcement of what the park are building to let the masses know. They've got months where they can drip feed us geeks with teasers and theme building and names and train designs.

For now, they just need to get the hype train started.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
They've only recently appointed a marketing agency to handle the marketing for Exodus, so it is likely this has been put together by the in-house team awaiting the proper professional stuff from the agency.

Or this is the stuff from the creative agency and it's going to be **** 🤣

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well I liked it, so there.
I know it's not exactly a cutting edge video, I could probably knock up something similar myself to be honest, but it does exactly what it needs to: "The UK's tallest, fastest roller coaster". Finally, a legitimate UK record holder, instead of some lame assed world first claim.
Tallest.
Fastest.
Boom, sold!
No need for fancy videos and elaborate back stories or outdated IP's. Tall. Fast. That's what's on offer here. And it's now 'official' and it's 'out there'. Let the hype train commence.

When the video starts doing the rounds publically, I bet most of us here will get sent it by one of our non-goon mates, saying "Dude, have you heard about this? Thought you might be interested".
To which you should of course reply: "No mate, first I've heard about it, thanks for letting me know." 🙄

Project_300

Roller Poster
Could the Inversion be Europe's tallest too and let's say 165ft or something. Doubt we'll get worlds highest that belongs to Steel Curtain I believe. Time will tell.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Could the Inversion be Europe's tallest too and let's say 165ft or something. Doubt we'll get worlds highest that belongs to Steel Curtain I believe. Time will tell.

It'll be between this and Hyperion's inversion for Europe's tallest inversion. No clue how high Hyperion's is, but Project Exodus' highest inversion will be 50m (so about 164ft).

It would be a fun bonus claim if nothing else!

freddycoasterkid

Roller Poster
I was really hoping on the segment on This Morning TV yesterday they would have mentioned something about a huge brand new shiny coaster coming to Thorpe, could of been a perfect time for advertisement they could of got the hype out for millions off people watching. But they didn’t so I move on 🥲

Also I have people at work saying have you heard about this new ride called Exodus coming to Thorpe park. I think they will be confused when the name changes or maybe they will think two new rides are coming

Can I ask on other project names in the past were they this public on previous rides?

Project Exodus is everywhere, e.g I didn’t see project Project Dylan for Saw the ride being the same