What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Efan

Mega Poster
Are we sure we wanted the teaser for the ride to be longer than the ride itself? (Obvious joke, sorry) Remember that this is just the beginning of the marketing. We've got a while yet, and I'm sure as time goes on Thorpe will be revealing more details - they're probably just trying to pique interest.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
After riding Icon last week i actually am really interested for this. I do wonder though if its height will makeup for the pretty small layout. Icon maybe small but it has such a long layout that maybe missed here. The ride will probably kick ass though! Thorpe's marketing team have been pretty good IMO in terms of their humour in the comments recently, but the actual promos are kinda amatuer

Niles

Giga Poster
I think this is the first time we have seen the whole Offical POV, I'm guessing a change or mistake on their end as the plans seem to show the coaster going from the station to the outerbank turn straight into the lift while in this POV it does a little wiggle before the lift.

1692701154838.png

It is nice to see in the POV how the coaster carries the speed because it looks like the last two hills as well as the first two big elements should give some great air, hope it runs like this.

Matt N

CF Legend
Having seen the POV and discovered more about the ride as construction has progressed, I must admit that I have grown more excited for Exodus despite initially being a little sceptical and a tad disappointed that we weren’t receiving a ride more centred around straight airtime.

The length is a bone of contention for many. However, I don’t personally think that length is everything, and the elements this does have all look like they will deliver. There are some very short hyper coasters out there that are revered; a key example is Skyrush, which isn’t very long but is praised to the high heavens. I think this could be very similar, as it doesn’t look to have a layout with an awful lot of dead space.

I initially felt that the ride was just another multi-looping coaster in a park already saturated with multi-looping coasters, and to some extent, I still think that a non-inverting hyper coaster could have added greater variety to the lineups of both Thorpe Park and the UK at large. However, I have grown more excited for the Exodus proposal, and I increasingly feel like this could be a phenomenal addition. I do think that this coaster will still feel very different to any of Thorpe Park’s others, as well as any others in the UK, and I still think it will provide quite a bit of negative g action. Granted, it doesn’t look filled to the brim with straight airtime moments, but I’m thinking that every element looks like it could very well provide negative g’s of some description. I reckon the drop could have very good negative g’s, the drop out of the Immelmann could have some nice airtime, the overbank into an inversion could have some very nice sideways and inverted negative g’s, the dive loop could have some very nice inverted negative g’s, the smaller outerbank could provide some nice negative g’s, and the airtime hill at the end could provide some nice straight airtime.

In my view, it’s not length that matters, but rather what you do with it. Exodus looks like it will utilise its length to the fullest in a layout with impactful elements and very little dead space. Surely we’d rather a short ride that uses its length well than a long one that doesn’t do anything overly interesting?

As construction progresses, I increasingly think that Exodus could be an absolutely phenomenal ride, and I absolutely think that it could surprise people. Bring on 2024!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I'm guessing a change or mistake on their end
Consensus here is that this POV is of an earlier layout draft. The "final" one (found in plans and recreated here) removes the wiggle into the lift and also adds some additional banking on the main outward-banked-downward-roll element.

Love the teasing of the theme, sure feels like it's gonna be Icarus!

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Looks punchy and well paced. I can still count five moments of sustained and strong airtimeyness, and two moments of hangtime. The UK public won't know what they've been sorely missing over in mainland Europe when they ride this for the first time!

Sandman

Giga Poster
As construction progresses, I increasingly think that Exodus could be an absolutely phenomenal ride, and I absolutely think that it could surprise people. Bring on 2024!

See, I'm expecting it to be truly dog ****, this way, my expectations don't skyrocket throughout construction only to deflate upon my first rides.
Pessimistic? Perhaps. But the lower the expectations, the more room for surprises ;)

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
See, I'm expecting it to be truly dog ****, this way, my expectations don't skyrocket throughout construction only to deflate upon my first rides.
Pessimistic? Perhaps. But the lower the expectations, the more room for surprises ;)
Tempering expectations is good, but also remember that if you're expecting to hate a ride your brain will look for reasons to hate it. Conformation bias and all that.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
The more I watch it, the more I'm reminded of Kondaa's first half, which I do love and this is a much taller ride.

Unfortunately I'm still a little disappointed it lacks the second half Kondaa does so well, but overall I'm still looking forward to it.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Tempering expectations is good, but also remember that if you're expecting to hate a ride your brain will look for reasons to hate it. Conformation bias and all that.

I don't want to dislike it, but I find that when my expectations are ridiculously low, I enjoy rides much more. This is one of those types of coasters that will have been talked about for years, and hype will only go further into overdrive the closer it gets to opening. So just setting my stall out early.