What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Bowser

Mega Poster
I'm honestly happy with the look of this ride. It has a high chance to be the best coaster in the UK, and I'm nowhere as disappointed in this as I was with Wickerman being a family coaster

I must be getting soft as went on Wicker Man for the first time yesterday and thought it was one of the most intense rollercoasters i've been on (would probably put Superman Ride of Steel at #1)

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
I must be getting soft as went on Wicker Man for the first time yesterday and thought it was one of the most intense rollercoasters i've been on (would probably put Superman Ride of Steel at #1)
You mean the one at New England, right? It's technically not called Superman The Ride anymore and if you're talking about the one at Six Flags America than half the rides at Alton Towers are more intense than Straight Track: The Ride.

Bowser

Mega Poster
You mean the one at New England, right? It's technically not called Superman The Ride anymore and if you're talking about the one at Six Flags America than half the rides at Alton Towers are more intense than Straight Track: The Ride.

Six Flags America. I found it pretty intense with the relentless speed (front row too)!

It's all subjective. I've been on most Rollercoasters in the UK and a couple of Six Flags and Wicker Man felt like you were holding on more than most. I think the lap restraint style on that and Superman are the reason, when you have over the shoulder restraints you tend to go with the flow more. I was also clinging on to my son as didn't want him to bang his head so that probably added to it.

Although my ultimate barometer is my wife wouldn't go on it again after 😂

catsounds

Mega Poster
I'm still hoping for the Egyptian theme, the RMC looking logo the construction workers wear that resemble the 3 big elements could be the 3 main pyramids

also the pyramids used to look white before the outer layers were removed and the tip was gold i believe?

Matt N

CF Legend
In a social media post about National Rollercoaster Day where Thorpe Park shared some facts about its existing roller coasters, they hinted towards “an extra special Rollercoaster Day fact” being revealed at “the Golden Hour tonight”:

I’m guessing that this could be some sort of announcement regarding Project Exodus…

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
In a social media post about National Rollercoaster Day where Thorpe Park shared some facts about its existing roller coasters, they hinted towards “an extra special Rollercoaster Day fact” being revealed at “the Golden Hour tonight”:

I’m guessing that this could be some sort of announcement regarding Project Exodus…
Could we get a name reveal today??

Matt N

CF Legend
Could we get a name reveal today??
I guess we could, but it would be pretty early by regular Merlin standards. In the past, Merlin have traditionally not announced the names of their new attractions for the year until January.

Thorpe Park announced The Swarm’s name in August, though, so I guess it’s not out of the question. Particularly given that this ride’s marketing will probably take a very different approach to that of most Merlin coasters by virtue of the type of ride it is and the sales hook it’s being built around.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm expecting a 5-15second clip saying "UK's tallest coaster coming 2024", with some hint to the theme/style (maybe some throwaway slogan).

To the masses, that's enough to perk up interest (a large proportion don't know the park are building a coaster, less know about it being the tallest coaster in the country). To the geeks, it's enough to whet people's whistle and get thousands of messages of discussion.

Reactions: JMW

spicy

Giga Poster
With them using the term "The golden hour" I bet it will just be a picture of the golden supports arriving.

Liamy321

Roller Poster
Well, sunset at 20:20 today. So I'd imagine (hope) for something around half 8 / 9 if they're going for golden hour.

jasone

Roller Poster
If they are going for the golden hour, im wondering if the gold is more important than I imagined? It makes me wonder if it will be Egyptian themed, maybe Horus or something, who was often pictured as a gold-ish falcon. But honestly, it could just be a picture of more gold supports in the golden hour… won’t get ahead of myself.