What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'll definitely swallow my pride and visit Thorpe to ride this, but I do fear that it won't be good enough to warrant many returns visits. They need a big new coaster but the rest of the park just needs a complete overhaul to make it a pleasant destination in my opinion.

Hutch

Strata Poster
And another thing, if those 4 or 5 elements hit, and I mean hit hard, which by the look of things I think they are more than capable of doing, it'll be a considerably better ride than SheikRa and Griffon too.
This, but I fear we're looking at an RMC Goliath situation where half the elements don't hit. I can forgive a short ride so long as it's a banger... hell, Stealth is amazing because the launch, top hat, and airtime hill are incredible and leave you buzzing. Goliath kind of wasted some of its elements on some overbank turns, and I'm not convinced that some of Exodus's turnarounds will be enough to make this a consistent ride.

It'll for sure be better than the dive machines though lol.

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
I'm a massive, massive dive coaster fan. As are the general public, as mentioned above, huge crowd pleasers.

On the enthusiast side, I'm neutral. The first drop in the back row is gonna be absolutely incredible, but what follows doesn't really take my fancy. There'll be other enthusiasts out there that love those longer-drawn out elements, but I like getting rag-dolled.

Perhaps the most interesting thought I keep having is that I'm actually more excited to ride Nemesis 2.0 than Exodus. I bet others feel the same.

Either way, 2024 will be an iconic year in UK Theme Park/Rollercoaster folklore, not quite 1994*, but not far off!

*A rebirth of Nemesis and a hyper coaster, how cool!

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, it has been confirmed, but what isn't is the exact layout that they're going for. The chances are that it might not be the one in the video.

Yeah, it has been confirmed, but what isn't is the exact layout that they're going for. The chances are that it might not be the one in the video.
Yeah I know, I just threw that in there as a general idea of what it could be. Thanks for pointing that out though, I probably should have said in my post :)

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
I have heard in the rumour mill and through the grape vine that the ride will be named, "ICARUS", and carry a Greek mythology theme.

Baring in mind that this is just a rumour, however it may carry a lot of weight in regards to the symbols spotted on the stations design and the colour scheme as well. Obviously, taking the fact that this is just a rumour into consideration, it is certainly not out the realms of possibility and I believe would suit the ride better than, "The Intimidator", that was tossed about beforehand. I wanna hear your thoughts on this cause I am really starting to think it could be the name and theme.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'd definitely welcome a Greek Mythology theme. I think at this point it'd be a very positive step for Thorpe.

As popular as the dark themes are, the park has consistently gone down that road for several years now, so this would add a sprinkle of intrigue to the park. We already know big hypers like Shambhala are very popular without needing to cram the usual cliches down our throats.

Shame it's just a rumour, but I'm happy to latch onto it at this point 😂

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I thought it was Egyptian themed though, not Greek...
There's been no indication about what the theme could be. The Egyptian theme has come from a lot of conjecture, which certainly could be true, but by no means confirmed.

I'd be down for an Icarus theme personally. Very well known story, simple enough to convey, lends itself to not needing much theming and more of a stylised coaster, works for the ride. There's a lot worse ideas out there.

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
There's been no indication about what the theme could be. The Egyptian theme has come from a lot of conjecture, which certainly could be true, but by no means confirmed.

I'd be down for an Icarus theme personally. Very well known story, simple enough to convey, lends itself to not needing much theming and more of a stylised coaster, works for the ride. There's a lot worse ideas out there.

Poor post from me, apologies. I know no theme has been confirmed - I was referring to Exodus, which is giving me Egyptian vibes rather than Greek ones.

spicy

Giga Poster
3f2647074aae42e254168ceb6ff43dd8.jpg

I do like the theory of this guy being involved in the theme.

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
I'm honestly happy with the look of this ride. It has a high chance to be the best coaster in the UK, and I'm nowhere as disappointed in this as I was with Wickerman being a family coaster