What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

I have read in another thread that somebody visited the megastore last saturday and there was supposedly a sign in there that said "HORUS" on it.

Can anyone confirm?
I also saw that thread, I think Thorpe said that they "must have been seeing things" or something to that effect. Don't know if Thorpe was telling porkies about that or not though...

(Personally, I'd prefer the Icarus rumour to be true. It makes a lot of sense thematically and would be a relatively easy theme to pull off well, especially given the splashdown at the end of the ride.)

Last edited:
Surely from next week onwards we will start to see vertical construction?
I am thinking we will start to see the coaster start to fly up from next week?
I'd certainly hope so, especially given the fact that everyone (including a certain Mr Silkstone) has been saying vertical construction was probably going to start mid September. Even the park hinted at this on the passholder Facebook page.

Coloratura

Roller Poster
Surely from next week onwards we will start to see vertical construction? Using The Swarm as a point of reference, practically the whole coaster was built in October -

I am thinking we will start to see the coaster start to fly up from next week?
Taken its sweet sweet time, but am so excited to see this rise into the sky.

Do you think we will see the tall cranes on site before the first support goes in?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I've had a dive through the plans to find the initial draft Scheme of Implementation, and have a look when significant things might happen with Exodus: https://thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/28-08-2023/When+Might+Project+Exodus+go+Vertical

tl;dr:
-Vertical construction should be able to start next month, likely mid-to-late September
-Vertical construction should finish mid-December / just before Christmas
-Testing could happen from late January (I eagerly await the "looks slow" comments)
-Opening could be as early as the Easter holidays (so early April)

Obvious disclaimer: This comes from an initial draft schedule submitted to the council, things may have changed since it was submitted. And of course, a large construction has many moving parts and things can change on a regular basis. So this could end up being wildly off. But it gives a baseline level of indication for where we're at at the moment.

Just to re-state my thoughts on when vertical construction could happen. Mid-to-late September is the best guess we have with the information available. Looking at the state of play of the site, it's certainly plausible that vertical construction will start soon.

We'll definitely see construction start soon though. I'd expect we're looking at a May opening, and everything feels on track for that as it stands.

Sandman

Giga Poster
It would be cool, from a marketing perspective, if they left the crest of the lift hill as the last piece of track to be placed.

The official crowning of the UK's tallest, after all these years.

I'll be livestreaming Mandy's Twitter feed the night before the official opening, watching the whole meltdown unfold.

emoo

Hyper Poster
On Monday Thorpe Park engineers were being shown around Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Could be seen given priority rides by park staff which I strongly suspect came after some training or insight to Mack coasters earlier in the day.

Just a mini anecdotal titbit with the source of my eyeballs and gladly giving up a horsey for 2 of them. Not sure there is much to say about this but I found it fascinating none the less. I imagine there was a tea break where they joshed about the new coaster under construction hopefully working out much better for everyone.

That's a nice colour for the stairs.

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
I’m getting the feeling that the track in the lower sections will be Black. I just don’t think that all gold sections will look very nice. But I suppose it would be something different!