What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

JoshC.

Strata Poster
September almost certainly.

Not sure exactly when; I think mid-September is possible, but that's dependent on a couple of factors.

I've heard the park have learnt lessons from a certain German park and discovered it's best to have a schedule and to not focus too much on exterior walls during construction... ;)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yep, that poster was one of the first nods towards Project Exodus being a thing.

For the context: Trailers opened before any details about Project Exodus were about (no one even knew about the consultation at that time). Trailers has several of these film-style posters, and they introduced the Exodus one as an Easter Egg as to what was to come. The style of X:\ was to hint to X:\No Way Out, the old incarnation of The Walking Dead The Ride, to throw some people of any potential scent.

The style of the poster gives a slight nod to the location (the trees being similar to that in the area). However, it is no indication of the theme of the ride.

Changa

Mega Poster
Is there any solid evidence as to whether or not the dive down to the water will be a proper, sheikra-style splashdown?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Is there any solid evidence as to whether or not the dive down to the water will be a proper, sheikra-style splashdown?
To my knowledge, no Mack coasters of this type have featured scoops/a real splashdown where contact is made with the water. I imagine it'll be a Hulk/Shambhala style splashdown if there is one, which would of course operate for a year before not working indefinitely.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

There's no information about the potential splashdown.

During the initial public consultation, there was talks about a potential splashdown/water effect, but details were still being discussed.

What should be remembered is that the lake is that the water won't be a closed system; the lake the ride surrounds will be connected to the main lakes. This presumably means any water effects won't be able to get guests wet. Furthermore, I wonder how feasible it is to build water effects given those conditions.

It would be interesting to see if the park could build some sort of water effect specific channel around that part of the ride. I'm sure it's possible, but there's no indication on the plans of that being done.

Screenshot_20230824-193403.png

Sorry for the double post but in the very next frame we can see a what appears to be a model of a roller coaster under construction.

My initial thought was that this was the model now in the Megastore in an unfinished state. However, the track on that just looks to be single strip/tube while the model track in the video looks more similar to IRL tri-tube track

(Please correct me if I'm wrong about the model's track, I haven't yet seen the Megastore model in person)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The shots in the teaser video are just Easter Eggs nodding to Project Exodus. The first frame is about how it'll be the park's 8th coaster, the second is about (within the video) it's a toy construction kit. This fits in with the Fright Nights teaser video, as it's hinting towards a new maze which will be themed to toys.

No relation to the actual outcome of Project Exodus as far as I'm aware, beyond just a couple of nods to geeks.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I've had a dive through the plans to find the initial draft Scheme of Implementation, and have a look when significant things might happen with Exodus: https://thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/28-08-2023/When+Might+Project+Exodus+go+Vertical

tl;dr:
-Vertical construction should be able to start next month, likely mid-to-late September
-Vertical construction should finish mid-December / just before Christmas
-Testing could happen from late January (I eagerly await the "looks slow" comments)
-Opening could be as early as the Easter holidays (so early April)

Obvious disclaimer: This comes from an initial draft schedule submitted to the council, things may have changed since it was submitted. And of course, a large construction has many moving parts and things can change on a regular basis. So this could end up being wildly off. But it gives a baseline level of indication for where we're at at the moment.