What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Strata Poster
A-Kid said:
CCC has bigger running rails though.

And you know this just by looking at pictures? :p If you do, then fair enough, I bow down to the expertise :p As i said, I was merely pointing out the similarity.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
I like the look Jet Rescue, plus it suits Alton's height restrictions, but I'm gunna wait a little longer before placing my bets!

There's a decent length of track with the tyre holes on though, surely more than it would take to get to tree height?! But then I guess a section or two will be devoted to station and other related tasks.

Dave

CF Legend
Yes but then whats the point of having a horror ride half the park away from your horror themed area..

Blaze

Hyper Poster
That would br dishusting and almost certainly have nothing to do with the theme.

Apparently, SW6 has now gone vertical! supports for the turn out of the station have apperently gone up.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Now THAT would be something...I just can't wait for worlds first Mag Lev coaster...that would be immense.

I don't think there are any pictures yet, but if I find any, I'll get them on here.

I'm going on November 1st, so I'll have a look, and maybe get a picture or two of my own then.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Blaze said:
That would br dishusting and almost certainly have nothing to do with the theme.

Apparently, SW6 has now gone vertical! supports for the turn out of the station have apperently gone up.

Isn't there a story about the Alton hound? An old tale about The Earl having a pet that went berserk?

Also on the leaflets there is a silhouette of a animal sitting on a rock? Similar to a dog/hound/hybrid of some sort.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Bit of a awful theme if it's about a mental dog. Dog Whisperer the ride?
No thanks

I reckon Alton will do something a bit more professional. As for sitting on a dog as part of the ride, I reckon we'll have hippy animal protesters doing something about that :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^^ A poem there is.

A trumpet blast, a charge into the light
From Alton Towers the hunt took flight
The Earl was confused and puzzled to why
His favorite hound was nowhere to his eye.

Upon the hunting parties return
The Earl's young child raised concern
For nowhere was he to be seen
Then suddenly an unearthly scream.

Her clothes covered in crimson smears
Her eyes alight, filled with fear
The maid cried the hound had killed the boy
With blood on it's fangs and eyes full of joy.

The frantic Earl, blinded by grief
Withdrew his blade from it's sheath
An almighty plunge of this hunting knife
Took the hound bereft of life.

The dog's dying cry awoke his son
Peacefully concealed in another room
But nearby, a slain wolf was found
The true attacker lay on the ground.

The Earl realised his dreadful error
His heart began to fill with terror
His child had been saved by the hound
Which lay displaying the fatal wound.

The poor dog's bones were laid to rest
North of the Towers in sacred ground blessed
From that day forth the Earl never smiled
His haunting mistake turning him wild.

His heart ripped and removed
The Earl's sorrow forever proved.

In a unmarked grave in Alton Towers
Lies a simple bed of flowers
In 2009 it's grave was disturbed
The Alton hound's accidental rebirth

Well thats one I know of anyway. Dunno if it has any relavance to this project. I think that was part of those wierd videos going about. Not sure now.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
A-Kid said:
In a unmarked grave in Alton Towers
Lies a simple bed of flowers
In 2009 it's grave was disturbed
The Alton hound's accidental rebirth

Well thats one I know of anyway. Dunno if it has any relavance to this project.

Somehow I don't think the last bit is ;)

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
I think the reason that the whole "Alton Hound" think is mentioned is the hoax that took place on some Alton fan sites (TT and ATA I think) a while back. It mentioned that poem in a "clue". That's where it's all come from.

Ali

Mega Poster
Oh Cial :).

I think that the Jet Rescue type ride would be awesome if done correctly. Even without the launch, I still think it would be great fun, especially if it had a steep, twisting first drop :--D.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Butit doesn't, it has a shallow, straight drop.

The dog thing was a hoax done by a number of TT members many months ago.

The thing in tepromotonl materal is child on a horse walking through water (thanks Furie)!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'm off to Alton Towers tomorrow with a mate from work so I'll try and grab a few building site photos for some of you to drool over.

Status
Not open for further replies.