What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
Great news about the Rita trains. The trains are what people actually look at, as it's the thing zooming around the track, so it'd be a bit silly to (loosley) re-theme the ride and keep the trains the same.
Martyn B said:
the Thirteen logo sticks out like a saw thumb with everything looking so dark an gloomy
I think the logo looks alright there. It's like everything's dark and gloomy, so that the logo would draw your attention. It looks like a light shining from amongst the trees, making you notice the 'Th13teen' brand :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
**** off UC its more like an Intamin Super-Fan-Dabby-Dozy-Ultra-Fab-Mega-Lite.

You can stick your Mega Lites up your arse :D

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
For what it is, I think it's gonna be great.

And anyways UC, Freefall mearly suggests that it's going to drop down, doesn't mean it won't be forced down ;)

Much like how the Dungeons advertise their drop ride as freefall when in actual fact, it's pulled down.

Much love

xX Erol Huseyin Xx

bob_3_

Giga Poster
You can follow TowersNerd and their day here http://live.towersnerd.com/

Cute little theming
42.jpg

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm only comparing the actual height of the coaster; the average junior coaster is around 30 feet high, Thirteen is around 60 feet and Mega-Lites are merely scraping 100 feet. So in my eyes it it's inbetween a Junior coaster and a Mega-Lite. :)

I'm not expecting it to be insanely intense or outstanding; it's built in Alton Towers, they haven't got much choice anymore. I'm starting to get a sick feeling that Alton is going to turn into the new Chessington over the next 10-20 years due to all these planning restrictions and what-not; it's going to become impossible to built anything as large as Oblivion in the park now-a-days.

We'll have to cope with what we have been offered, who knows? Thirteen could be the stepping stone to a rollercoaster much better at Alton; thus, I cannot wait to see what's in store. Alton Towers just keeps on spitting out so many surprises it's like a gradual Christmas day, this is something no other park in the world can pull-off; not as much as Alton could anyway.

Just think about it; B&M inverted coaster beginning with a Corkscrew whereas the vertical loop is left as the 3rd inversion; World's first vertical drop coaster with the majority of the drop actually underground; World's first B&M flying coaster; now we have the world's first "Psychoaster" (yet I still don't understand whats so psychologically disturbing about Thirteen).

I'll end this speech now; I think CF get the point what I'm saying :lol:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Also! New advert

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 740&ref=nf

It gives away the secret drop but it looks BLOODY COOL! I never realised the whole "You'd better not go alone" was from "If you go down to the woods today" very clever.

Also, just off TowersNerd: "Just got off Th13teen and wow! What an amazing ride! The theming is dense. Lots of it and of a high quality! The layout was very smooth and fast paced. The indoor drop was well presented too with air blowing of you and loads of ace sounds! The station is also of a high quality with not a blank space anywhere. Very very impressed!"

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ Mixed reviews then (typical!) Plodish tweeted that it was disappointing. CF are in the queue now, we await news in a hour or so I guess.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
From live.towersnerd.com :

'We're off, first impressions: very good! The station has some great theming, with dimmed lights and a green eerie effects. There's also the girl whispering "you better not go alone" and other phrases. The first part of the ride is very smooth and fairly rapid - some nice banked turns in there. The only critisism would be that it's a little short.
However, it's the crypt that puts a real smile on your face. After the train parks inside, some more fantastic theming is lit up and with a blast of air, the train drops a couple of feet. Shortly after it plummets all the way down, revealing more impressive surroundings. Before you have time to take it all in, you're launched out in reverse surprisingly quicky. The upwards helix that follows has a disorientating sway to it and seems to go on for quite a bit. Finally you're back out in the daylight, and somewhat launched again back into the station. All in all a very solid ride that didn't seem unfinished at all. The throughput seems good and all is going smooth so far. The best themed ride in park without a doubt.'

Rita's new entrance looking EPIC also!

TJH

Roller Poster
So for those who have been on it I have a survey for you

1) How does this rank with The other coasters in the park.

2) Is this better than the corkscrew?

3) Is this a flop?

costar

Mega Poster
Glad to hear the throughput is decent. I know Intamin had some problems with meeting the throughout requirements for Rita so great if Th13teen can eat the queues. At least the queues are moving (unlike Saw's opening..).

Screaming Coasters said:
Much like how the Dungeons advertise their drop ride as freefall when in actual fact, it's pulled down.

Hate to stir.. but Extremis is not pulled down. A hook releases the gondola and it drops.. zero G.

Status
Not open for further replies.