What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Because we're nearly upto 80 pages, a few peeps habe probably forgotten, but cant anyone remember from the start of the topic about this blokey who's working on this project, he mentioned something about getting the biggest experience out of a tiny drop, or something along them lines!

Edit: Here he be:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/temp ... ver001.jpg

He does go on to say that Saw is the most thrilling ride in the world, so I dont think its anything to get excited about.

I just thought I'd throw that back into play as it hasn't been mentioned in a while. It makes me believe that the drop will be a part of the 'worlds first' thingy.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
^^ I think that could be something to do with the inside of the building part.

^If he mentions Saw then I'm guessing it would be quite recent?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Random idea I had. Does an X Scream and some funky stuff before dropping backwards.

SW6simulator.gif

CMonster

Giga Poster
Is that a world first, though?

I still think that the track will drop vertically down with special effects making it look like a massive freefall, and then a push out into the helix.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I thought about that, but forgot it :lol: (not trying to steal thunder :? )
I quite like the idea, and how big is the drop? Or does no-one know? Because I've always thought that the drop would be too short to go vertical for a feasable amount of time :?

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah it was me that first suggested that it may be the track that drops with the train on it. Maybe accompanied by sounds and lights to make the drop seem bigger than it really is.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
So did I, infact I did on the last page.

I like that diagram, and that would be a first and is very doable. Wouldn't need a launch either if it titled.

The concept said tilt, so that is very likely, probably most likely.

Jake

Strata Poster
Nobody cares who said what first... christ on a bike.

I wish people would spam less in here, so those of us who just want to see the updates don't have to search through pages and pages of crap to get to an update posted like, 10 minutes before.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I didn't say anyone did. It's just that there are no updates apart from the station is being built and the ride has gone vertical, so all there is to do is speculate and argue.

Martyn B

CF Legend
But when was that published? As could have been about the drop tower in London or even Saw.

He does actually mention in that article that he is working on the new ride at Alton...

Also, A-Kid, that concept has passed my mind a few times. A 'trap door' style drop must be a strong contender, especially when you consider how high the track enters the building.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
If it drops, and I'm starting to doubt that now and going for the tilt, a trap door will be the way it works. The ride enters the building and the floor colapses, with the track dropping to the bottom floor.

Seeing pictures of the hole is making me sure it tilts, though.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
We can rule out anything launched, the final section if track is very shallowly banked and very lowdown.

If there was any kind of launch it would have to be extremely weak.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
Has anyone got any new pictures yet? I'm getting too interested in this project >__< :lol: .
Has anyone thought about how the world's first element will fit with a storyline? Neither has been released, I know that, but lets talk ideas... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.