What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I want a Russian roulette eque thingy. Spin the track lots of times, bouncing downwards every so oftern, untill the final one it actually lets go of you.

Worlds First garranteed puking session...

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
who is to say it might be backwards all the way and the inside part makes it go forwards?

I think I'd actually cry if that was the case. Although I think it's pretty unlikely anyway as the ride through the trees would be so much more effective travelling forwards, so the riders can see themselves ducking and twisting through the 'forest'.

.. How about the world's first being 'Worlds First downwards spiraling of the piece of track the train is on to transport it down two stories'?
Although the plans don't seem to accomodate for the track turning. If it did, the whole ride could be done forwards..

Which could be another option .. World's first coaster where depending on which train you ride depends on whether you go forwards the whole ride or forwards then reverse..

Probably not but they're different ideas to what's been mentioned!

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
DanzibarDrums said:
Which could be another option .. World's first coaster where depending on which train you ride depends on whether you go forwards the whole ride or forwards then reverse..

Probably not but they're different ideas to what's been mentioned!

I think it's a bit too wordy :p Sounds a little like the Double Looper at American Adventure too :p

Also, whover said turntable, it just won't fit if the train is any length at all...

Please can people bear in mind the size of the station when they make suggestions (and the fact it's going to also house storage and maintenance)- there's a lot to fit in a shed that is substantially smaller than SAW

marc

CF Legend
Sounds like a good idea but I really do think the worlds 1st will be something simple.

Remember this is a coaster and things like wheels will get damaged if they are used in a none coaster way.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
A-Kid said:
Someone on towertimes came up with a brilliant idea. Cross a flight simulator with a coaster?! Sounds fun!

Read it here, second post:
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... &start=180

Does seem like a good idea but I agree with what Marc said.

Also, if you have a simulator section then they'll only be able to dispatch a train as often as they can get one through the simulator sequence, which would inevitably add a 2 or 3 minutes, when you include the time it takes to secure the train, move the track, realign the track, release the train etc.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
I don't know if this has been proposed yet or not...-

But, air was touted as a world's first (flyer), but in reality it was only the world's first 'B&M' Flyer.

Now, I'm thinking this new Alton Coaster.. (never actually officially named a 'Secret Weapon' like the B&M coasters of Alton's past were btw- idiots note) could possibly be a world's first for Intamin, but not necessarily a true world's first.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
The worlds first had gone by the time air came round I believe it was at Granada Studios. So air was the only flyer in the world at that time.

Ben

CF Legend
^Vekoma?

And you're not the first just because the one that was the first has now gone.

Rocky II wasn't the first Rocky film at the cinema just because Rocky I was no longer at the cinema ;)

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
air still got marketed fine, the public wouldnt know about any other flying coasters unless they've had personal experience. It's like the Rita 0-100 thing, people would presume they mean mph but they don't.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Coaster-Fiend said:
(never actually officially named a 'Secret Weapon' like the B&M coasters of Alton's past were btw- idiots note)
Just to clear this up - I thought Alton themselves have used 'SW6' in their own literature for this ride? I'd hate to be an "idiot" like.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Slayed said:
Coaster-Fiend said:
(never actually officially named a 'Secret Weapon' like the B&M coasters of Alton's past were btw- idiots note)
Just to clear this up - I though Alton themselves have used 'SW6' in their own literature for this ride?

I have not seen this anywhere, but if anyone can provide proof I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.