What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

^ Sweet, with the right speed over the top of the lift then that thing will give some great air!!

nealbie

CF Legend
Yes Marc. But before your negativity spreads too far into the depths of CF take into account that Bakken's did not go over the top very quickly at all, more of a crawl.

Loefet is merely saying that with some speed over the top there, a large amount of ejector air would be experienced, especially by those in the back.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Seeing that makes me think.

Front or back?

I don't mond waiting for either, so if there is no front row queue, it's just a toss up between the view and the rush, or the airtime. Front will probably be better over the drop after the bit I'm not allowed to mention anymore, but the hills and drop may be better on the back.

marc

CF Legend
Neal said:
Yes Marc. But before your negativity spreads too far into the depths of CF take into account that Bakken's did not go over the top very quickly at all, more of a crawl.

Loefet is merely saying that with some speed over the top there, a large amount of ejector air would be experienced, especially by those in the back.

And this will probably be the same speed Neal.

I have no problem with this at all as the 1st drop was very good, if you remember we all said that at the time :) Even you said you were a bit upset the one at Bakken gave no airtime, if you remember. You don't even get airtime on the 1st drop of EGF or Megalites and they fly up the lift hill.

I think the airtime, if any, on this will come in the forest section when the coaster picks up some speed.

And I am not being at negative, I am just saying. The last time I looked I thought I could have my own view on it I am so sorry that it is not the same as yours :)

If they wanted a coaster that produced loads of airtime they would have gone for an airtime coaster, which they have not. They have gone for a family coaster that will give a bit of airtime and one they can do more with. I do not think this is a negative at all.

I am looking forward to the coaster.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Slash said:
Could have put bloody spoilers. I DIDN'T WANT IT COMPLETELY RUINED FOR ME. Can you please next time put spoilers around the thing.

If you do not want to know what is going on in the construction of this coaster, then stay out of this topic.

If/when the world's first section is revealed, then I expect it to be posted openly, without spoiler tags. Though I would appreciate a PM so I can change the topic title to show that it has been announced.

This is construction and if you don't want to know what is going to happen with the coaster, keep out. However, I would expect spoiler tags to be used everywhere else in the forums if this is ever discussed.

Having viewed the new coaster yesterday... It doesn't look very big. The station looks tiny to be honest, but it may look larger when bulked out with the building. It's difficult to see the building though, so unless you're on Rita, you're not going to see much of the theming on one side.

It's all a bit odd, but so was Ugland after Rita came in, that's just a "resistance to change" thing. The track for the secret bit just ends. I can't work out if they're just saving it until out of season, or if it's the actual point where the track splits - no real hints or ideas yet as to what the secret bit is. It's still open for either a tilt track, or a drop, but there is only room for vertical movements. There's no way it can be flipped upside down, or turned or anything. There does look to be a fair amount of room above the track though, so it may possibly raise six feet above the current "entry track" level before the downwards bit, or it could be an area used for effects. Seriously, no real ideas at the moment. You can't even really work out where the loading platform is going to be!

They had the ghost figures with hoods and no faces walking around Ugland, but I don't know whether it was a precursor to the ride or not.

Lastly, the signs kind of do scream out that the name is "Surrender". When you see them in the flesh, it's the word that really stands out. I don't want it to be because it's a pants name, but like Gavin said, it's what really does stick out.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I just spent ages figuring out what the track under the drop was in the previous picture... luckily i figured it out before posting the question and embarrassing myself :)

tks

Strata Poster
Seeing the ride in person yesterday, there's a hill after the drop and turn around which crests at the same height that the station track is, which should hopefully give some good airtime.

That said this is a family ride which is a replacement for the aging Corkscrew. Don't expect ejector airtime or "the best ride in the entire world".

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
The only thing im worried about is the length of this ride.

AFTER THE RECENT ARGUMENT ABOUT SPOILERS (SLASH....) IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE LAYOUT. GO AWAY.

After the main drop it does a helix, an airtime hill, turn, sharp transition, into the building, does the worlds first, helix, back in. It sounds quite long, but in rita's brakes you can see the whole ride, and it looks quite short.

Also the largest hill comes nowhere near the height of the drop, plus the lift launches it so it will have extra speed, so by the time it comes to the second lift, it looks like it should have enough speed to get up there easily.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It is a bit of a worry that it only has two air hills and the crest of the lift. The turns hopefully will have some sideways air and the little shimmy it does between two of the first turns could hopefully have a little pop due to the heartline moving. The crest could have some too. There is more than one turn, maybe it isn't installed yet, but there is more than one turn.

Maybe the second set of wheels are there to slow the train as much as get it to the building? It is unlikely but there is still a good possibiltiy.

I'm surprised they have built so much of it without cover, ruins the surprise of the beackwards section because the two end pieces and final switch are visable.

There is only going to be catwalks on the left side, so that could rule out the bike style trains, be a bit awkward evacuating people on an incline 70 foot off the ground from that kind of seat. Can't think of anything they could theme them to anyway, unless the whole train was themed as some kind of demon or something and you sat on parts of it, rather than each seat being the theme, if you understand what I mean. Broomsticks would be horrifically clichéd and wouldn't fit in, so please no on esuggest them. I think the trains will probably be mine train themed like the concept art suggested, although that did show two tilts in one, rather than a drop, and the tilts going through the ground rather than a building, so the theme of the train is still up in the air. It just won't be bloody broomsticks.

I think this will be special, Alton have been wanting to build in the woods since pretty much it was founded, so this has been a long time coming, they would not have taken the decision lightly.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Everyone saying about the world's first section being out in the open. Do you think the general public are going to notice that.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Well it is pretty obvious to us what it is, but as it has not been installed, I don't know if they will. It will be enclosed when it opens, but for now the ends of the track sit in the shell of the building. They probably will not know what it is, other than one minute you are at the top, the next you are not. They probably won't know what it could be.

The cars may be world first, but I doubt they are the world first AT are so keen to push, especially in the previous campaign for it.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
It would be cool if they did what they did with Hex and move the building with the ride.

The train enters a small room, and a door closes behind and the train is locked in. As the track begins to move the whole room could move with it, so you feel it, but you can't actually see yourself moving. When the train reverses, the riders would be suprised that there is now a drop behind them instead of a straight piece of track.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sadly Nicky, there's just not enough room in the building for any real movement other than on the vertical plane - it's very tight.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
furie said:
If it's not Premier rides, I'll cut all my hair short and not punch Steven at the Live this weekend!

I shall hold you to this.

The building is incredibly tight, the only movement possible is straight down, I'm afraid, however good the idea is, and it is one of the best ideas I have heard. I'd be surprised if there was room for a tilt, let alone the room moving. There is no room at the bottom for a pull out either and even if there was, it wouldn't completely level out to drop again.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
tks said:
That said this is a family ride which is a replacement for the aging Corkscrew. Don't expect ejector airtime or "the best ride in the entire world".

QFT

And Grape Wizard, the arguement was about spoiling the world's first section, not the rather obvious as you can see the bloody thing outdoor section :roll:

Blaze as well,NO-ONE ATM KNOWS WHAT WILL BE INSIDE BAR THE MANAGEMENT!

And until it is confirmed/open I would rather keep it this way, this is exactly what happened in the Saw topic and I am sick and tired of you being the only one right now continuously in every post saying 'It will be a drop', do you HAVE to point it out each time if it's so bleeding obvious as you also keep saying?

Sigh, I'm just getting really irritated by you Blaze, everytime I see that you've posted I cringe... And I'm sure I'm not the only one...

I don't mind the speculation, but you saying 'It'll be a drop' ALMOST EVERY SINGLE POST IS ANNOYING!!!

[/rant]

It looks good so far, hopefully it will have the re-ride aspect with a dash of fun rather than intense monster that some people seem to be expecting...

Brookes

Giga Poster
^I agree, Blaze you commenting every other post is really annoying especially when you keep saying the same thing again and again which no-one wants to hear.

darrenhosker

Roller Poster
If any of you guys have No Limits, I have created a mock-up of SW6 to see what the speeds maybe like. I have created it based on pictures and the plans, and within the constraints of the no limits track. Hence the backwards section being forwards.

Feel free to download from below and have a look.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a05fa86 ... W6_nltrack

Darren Hosker

Status
Not open for further replies.