Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Exclusive Surrender Story Info

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUva2vQzdts[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Do I get the feeling that this has something like the nemesis story feel to it.

yes its nothing to do with nemesis at all but the once constuction started the monster now these "spirits" start to appear.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Cheers Darren! I don't have No Limits, but it's good of you to post the link for those who do :)

Blaze said:
furie said:
If it's not Premier rides, I'll cut all my hair short and not punch Steven at the Live this weekend!

I shall hold you to this.

As soon as I found out it was Intamin, I got my hair cut short and I haven't punched Steven this year at all. So there we go, I'm a man of my word :)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
If any of you guys have No Limits, I have created a mock-up of SW6 to see what the speeds maybe like. I have created it based on pictures and the plans, and within the constraints of the no limits track. Hence the backwards section being forwards.

Thanks for the effort, but I think that is abit optimistic. You've got the scale wrong.

I'm not going to go into a mnassive NL lesson, but the speed on your recreation is alot more than the real ride will be, for start it's about twice as big! haha. Atleast you've given an idea of how the ride will be, in terms of time. Seems ok.

The story of this ride for me so far though "good but not great". Although I do like the marketing.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
General question to all who know the answer.

Is the entrance to the queueline for this going be a little bit beyond Rita? and is the queueline going to go around where ug swinger was and round in the forest by the corky queueline?

One more question :lol: is there going to be themeing in the queueline?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The entrance is to be roughly where Ugswinger was, with the queue cattle penning where the Corkscrew queue used to be.

The entrance area will be themed with a large "gate" a bit like the Rita tyre, only spooky. The queue is to be partially in woods, or close to them, and I doubt it will be themed.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The entrance is huge, something ridiculous like 26 metres. The exit is the Corkscrew entrance.

I doubt the queue will be themed, it is in the woods and in the shadow of the building, so probably won't need to be themed. There will be speakers mixed in to the queue.

This is the entrance:
09010901_entrance_feature.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
I would put my money on indoor section being a Tower of Terror style 'ups and downs' with some nice special effects etc, and an image to make you believe the train will go forwards to the station.

DSC01961.jpg

Wonder what that little straight section is all about?

Also them hills in the pics on TTF do look very small compared to the lift hill height. Should be fun.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Get ready to boo some more:
18_090109_plan_queue_2010.jpg

The cattlepen is huge, and there is a smaller one nearer the start. Probably because they are not allowed to build it in the woods.

Don't know about Rita's queue, it's in the GDO, but they don't really need to move it apart from the fact it's ghastly.

EDIT: I'm sure that straight section is actualy a twist. The plans have no straight sections but lots of twists between the turns. I think it's just the angle.

A

Anonymous

That bit looks sweet I wonder if you will just whizz through there at speed. Or still at a pace but one that u get chance to see the forest.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Me said:
I'm sure that straight section is actualy a twist. The plans have no straight sections but lots of twists between the turns. I think it's just the angle.

When you zoom in you can actually see that it turns right the left again. Hopefully there will be something else there aswell, as the elevation still stays pretty flat.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've only just noticed there's a Rita-esque hill in the background of that pic!

The hill towards the front of the pic looks smaller than the one in the background, so I'd image you'll be going through there at some pace.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Someone I know at another forum claims that he has some inside info (and I trust him, he's not the sort of person who would lie). He said that the name of the ride is not Surrender and that the name hasn't been decided yet. He also said that Rita and Ugland will be getting rethemed. :wink:

spicy

Giga Poster
I hope Rita gets a complete re-theme. Trouble is its plonked right in the middle of the land, best thing for it would be to move it over by Cloud Cuckoo Land but thats never going to happen.

Or build a completely new entrance into the Dark Forest area and move the burnt Skyride station. That way Rita wouldn't be so in the way.

Also if he is a reliable source I am glad that the names not Surrender. I want them to call it a name of a Demon like Astaroth, hes the treasurer of hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.