What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jools

Giga Poster
What I love about this design, is that it has woody qualities about the layout and design (other than the bakcwards bit and worlds first or what ever), so prehaps that was one of the thing they aimed for when designing it.

Slash

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
The world first is not built, but it is known what it will be. Sadly they didn't cover it up before they built the two pieces the world first connects to so everyone can see what will happen. BLAH BLAH BLAH and more about the bit that generally some didn't want to read before riding it.

The pics of the track in the woods look excelent, and once the trees are fixed the ride will be briliant.

The lift and drop were built today, the tyres do not go to the top of the lift, so a fast lift and/or big trains.

Could have put bloody spoilers. I DIDN'T WANT IT COMPLETELY RUINED FOR ME. Can you please next time put spoilers around the thing.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Blaze you pillock. Use spoilers.

Not that we hadn't already guessed it anyway. The lift hill is alot bigger than I realised!

Slash

Giga Poster
I think we may have got my ideas for "Biggest Idiot Award" and "Most Cringeworthy Post" a first nominee.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Now I am not sticking up for Blaze, because he annoys me as much as he annoys everyone else in this topic, but what it does do has already been discussed largely with no spoilers whatsoever earlier in the topic, so he is basically repeating what can already be read.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah if you're in this topic you kinda expect that spoilers will be posted. Also like Brookes has said it's been said that will be the most likely thing to happen for many pages now so why complain now when other have done exactly the same?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Someone asked about the world first and I answered. Sorry for helping someone.

We have all known what it will be and have been talking about it for ages. If someone had not been reading and did not know anything about the ride, they were hardly likely to start reading the last page before the first. Anyway, if nobody wanted to know, they didn't have to read.

What is the point in specualtion if we all know what it is. Someone didn't and asked, so I told them.

Anyway, the drop is finished or near as damn it, looking at the newest pics on TT, and it is looking much steeper than we all thought it would be.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
^No, that is what the ride site clearly shows will happen.

What interests me most now the secret section is not so secret is the marketing side. So far we have had three distinct phases. First we had the single banner with the trees, then we got the first proper marketing with the flyers, the ones with the tree, scafolding, grave stones and so on, then we got this one with the eye and the building, and the first use of the thing in the window of the building.

Very confusing as to what the theme and story will be.

Ollie

CF Legend
Apparently during the Scarefest event quite alot of those monk things in cloaks that are used in SW6'sadvertising and artwork are around the park. Terror of the Towers has quite a few actors looking like them and I think Duel Live has a couple as well. Maybe a hint of them trying to get people interested in the ride? Or a way with them trying to tie the attraction (TOTT) into the new ride?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Alton have still not comfirmed what the actual world's first part is though...

Hence why you are annoying...

Anything can happen inside there... Maybe it won't 'just' drop, maybe it'll do some form of Tower of Terror where it bounces... There'll probs be lots of theming inside too, but since this the biggest coaster we're getting next year being a fool and going 'It'll be this', instead of 'We don't know yet, but it looks good' just makes me (and others) dislike you more so...

Giving a reason as 'someone asked' is crap as well, I asked a random Alton rep at the uni my first week if she could tell me what it was (as a joke) and she said no... If only YOU could have done that...

Alton should've maybe built it another way around but maybe they couldn't, but there's no point saying it's a 'secret' when apparently it's obvious what will happen because you said it...

Idiot...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Apparently during the Scarefest event quite alot of those monk things in cloaks that are used in SW6'sadvertising and artwork are around the park. Terror of the Towers has quite a few actors looking like them and I think Duel Live has a couple as well. Maybe a hint of them trying to get people interested in the ride? Or a way with them trying to tie the attraction (TOTT) into the new ride?

I said a few pages back that TOTT ties in with the new ride. (Rumours).

Slash

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
Someone asked about the world first and I answered. Sorry for helping someone.

We have all known what it will be and have been talking about it for ages. If someone had not been reading and did not know anything about the ride, they were hardly likely to start reading the last page before the first. Anyway, if nobody wanted to know, they didn't have to read.

What is the point in specualtion if we all know what it is. Someone didn't and asked, so I told them.

Anyway, the drop is finished or near as damn it, looking at the newest pics on TT, and it is looking much steeper than we all thought it would be.

Hardly the point. I mean seriously if I saw a topic with 100 odd pages i'd go straight to the 100th for latest info on bits we're going to find out easily i don't expect someone to outright spoil it for me. Its like going into the Saw topic and telling everyone what goes on for the indoor features. Your gonna piss people off. Plus you don't know for sure yet.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Brookes said:
Now I am not sticking up for Blaze, because he annoys me as much as he annoys everyone else in this topic, but what it does do has already been discussed largely with no spoilers whatsoever earlier in the topic, so he is basically repeating what can already be read.

Precisely :roll:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Swat said:
Nothing world first yet?

He asked. I answered. Never thought there could be anything wrong with that if it has been talked since the two connecting pieces of track were installed.

The two pieces are flat at the ends so it is patently obvious the track will drop. It may bounce, there is a good chance of that, but it still is a dropping track, so basically you said that it might not drop, it might drop.

If someone did not know anything about the ride, didn't know it was being built or anything, they would go to the start to see what was happening and why there are more than 100 pages. If they started reading here they would not know what we were on about.

If I have to put everything that is about that section, then shouldn't every picture that has that in be spoilered aswell? They give it away as much as words do.

It's a construction topic. It's going to talk about the ride. If people want it to be a complete secret they don't have to read.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
But I want to watch the construction of it whilst it is a 'secret'... And you didn't even answer the question correctly! He asked if there was anything of the world's first part installed, when only the entry and exit of it are, so you in fact incorrectly answered!

All the pictures show is track, wow... Yet... It doesn't show the spoiler... We can add two + two till the cows come home but I would so laugh if it wasn't a dropping track... In fact I hope it is so I can point and laugh in your general direction for being a twit...

And please, don't use words that you can't spell... It makes your side even more silly...

Can we go back to the speculation please, I preferred that annoyance over Blaze...

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Photo of the first drop by theflamingbrick at TT:

100_1107.jpg

Wow. cool)

Status
Not open for further replies.