What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicy

Giga Poster
Coaster track racing through the woods= Win.

Looking good, just hope the train has some decent speed through there.

Swat

Hyper Poster
The lift hill is complete and the start of the first drop has been formed.
1255775065.jpg

Thanks to Towers Nerd Live:
http://live.towersnerd.com/

Peter

Hyper Poster
Judging by how shallow that pull out is at the top, i'm hoping that the tyre lift hill will be going quite fast (certaintly faster than a standard chain lift) in which case the drop won't need to be that steep to provide a decent amount of airtime.

On the other hand...

Ollie

CF Legend
The layout certainly looks like it covers a nice big area. I'm not sure about the bit in the forest though. The trees are pretty far away from the track so it may not feel like your rushing through a forest like you do on rides such as Treetops and The Ultimate.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
The layout certainly looks like it covers a nice big area. I'm not sure about the bit in the forest though. The trees are pretty far away from the track so it may not feel like your rushing through a forest like you do on rides such as Treetops and The Ultimate.

It has to be quite far away to start with, they need to get machines and workmen in around the track. Both the Ultimate and Treetops are old coasters, the forest will begin to grow back and get closer to the track.

I think it looks pretty good. It'll be very enjoyable around that section.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Wow, it's looking fantastic! Love the photo of the track weaving through the forest. The first drop is a little taller than I thought too! cool)

NickkyG

Mega Poster
To me, it looks taller than corkscrew did, but i assume this is because the track is much smaller. Loving the look of it though!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The world first is not built, but it is known what it will be. Sadly they didn't cover it up before they built the two pieces the world first connects to so everyone can see what will happen. If you don't know yet, the track will drop verticaly, like a drop tower then you leave backwards.

The pics of the track in the woods look excelent, and once the trees are fixed the ride will be briliant.

The lift and drop were built today, the tyres do not go to the top of the lift, so a fast lift and/or big trains.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Blaze, you're an idiot... :roll:

Why bother saying it, seriously... No-one else has and yet you say it... Everything in your post has already been put up so why tell us the lift/drop have been built when there are pictures on the previous page?

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Of course i want the coaster to be good, but want i want most is an amazing overall experiance.

i want to enter the area not knowing what to expect and leave thinking WOW... that was amazing. As long as the coaster is atleast good im not botherd, the theming is what im nervous about, i just want Alton to pull of the best theming since Nemesis and Oblivion.

Bring back the magic!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I am totally confident in this. Alton have been waiting for 30 years to build a coaster in the woods.

They would have gone through many designs and concepts before deciding to build this. Even last year they put the concept images out because they didn't know what to build.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I agree with Grape Wizard (seeing as he is my cousin), I know I will like it whatever it is and it is looking really good to me. The lift hill looks quite high and the drop and bit through the woods should be fun! :)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The lift is actually 2 metres shorter, about 6 foot I think, than Corkscrew, but it will be faster and have a longer drop, then the turns and air hills are very low, most of the track is lower than bottom of the first drop, this will be great fun, whether it is as good as the other Secret Weapons or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.