What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Looks like the chained oak on the last pic. I gather that may feature again in the ride somehow...

'Ride into the unknown'...

Nic

Strata Poster
^ Yes. I think this is far more likely than any hint at a name

Oh, and if I've understood it right... Mega-Lite. isn't that an intamin with lots of twists and turns, no inversions, lots of low level track, and quite a high speed?

Erm... can anyone else see any issues with that, considering it's neighbouring coaster...?!

marc

CF Legend
If you go onto Inatmins website their family coaster fits the plans of this coaster more, we went on one in Bakken.

jokerman

Giga Poster
This certainly looks to be continuing the theme from Hex. The only thing is, it can't be too closely linked, otherwise people will have to go on Hex first before they understand this one, which would be ridiculous.

Jools

Giga Poster
But then all the little kiddies will have to walk through a hostile area to get to... What ever Cred Street is now XD

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
To be honest this will be the most hopeful area, it's sat right in Alton's comfort zone, themed around the history of the park etc {obviously with the deceptive twist}. Let's hope it gets as much attention as Forbidden Valley & X-Sector usually got back in the day.

Jools

Giga Poster
Thorpe does it too as well with Samurai, so yeh it doesn't really matter, plus the big they walk through will hardly be Gloomy Woods or FOrbidden Valley hostile anyway probably.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
By those new banners, it's definatly going to be a spooky/haunted theme. Echoing everyone else, it's hopefully going to be tied in with Hex/The towers.

And some news on the huge hole front, behind the huge hole, there is a huge long trench that looks like where coaster track will come out/go in, sorry didn't get any photo's.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Tower. It will resemble the Towers. It will be themed epicly. My hopes have been raised slightly.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
WOW.

I don't care if it's a "good"* coaster or not, as long as it's a nice theme then I'm happy

(*by good I mean intense and forceful, I enjoy every coaster so I don't mind what it is)

jokerman

Giga Poster
^We said that when we saw the original concept art for Saw. That wasn't even a poster, it was supposed to actually give an idea of what it would be like, and look at what we ended up with.

Right, that's enough Merlin bashing. I won't do any more of that in this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.