What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Hyper Poster
It was just a marketing ploy on Merlin's terms. What could this one be? Harry Potter: The ride?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
No chance. J.K. is apparently a nightmare to work with, and Universal got the deal anyway.

I'd say it has something to do with the Towers. Anything.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Looking at the concept art. It looks to have scaffolding around some of it. Maybe worked were renovating an old part of the towers but got disturbed by something, A creature that lerks in the Towers. You are sent in to investigate it and it comes after you.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Swat said:
Looking at the concept art. It looks to have scaffolding around some of it. Maybe worked were renovating an old part of the towers but got disturbed by something

That's basically the same storyline as Hex xD Let me guess, they uncovered a coaster while renovating...;)

kimahri

CF Legend
Hey, I was at alton yesterday and they weren't doing much.

One of the diggers was moving backward anf forwards facing rita for some reason. I assume he got bored and decided to watch rita only to find it was broken so he started moving the digger.

Other than that, from what I could see it was about the same as the last picture in here. There's signed dotted around the whole park if thats anything new.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Remember the discussion about the ride being themed around a dog? Well, I was just browsing Towerstimes, and someone pointed this out in the leaflet...

3834540857_6c16331ea3.jpg

Can you see the dog/werewolf type creature in front of the moon?

Credit to adsyrah on TTF
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 6&start=75

spicy

Giga Poster
What leaflet was that on? Its probably nothing, although I do like to think Alton would throw a few subtle hints to the theme for us to discover :)

I doubt it though.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^ This coaster's leaflet.

I think Alton are playing with hints this year. I read on TTF that their Halloween event has a subtitle of "Into the Unknown" this year. There is rumours that it will be a prelude to the rides opening next year.

I'm looking forward to this more every day.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Still looks like somebody on a horse.

Think of that, then think of the tag line ride into the unknown...

2093298807_f7938dd7f5_o.gif

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The more I look at Mine Train Ulven (Bakken), the more I think this is an Intamin Mine Train Coaster. More of a family thrill then. This and that are rather similar in too many ways to me.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I have just realised something in that leaflet. People have probably allready noticed this, but the gravestones have no names, dates or text on them. Maybe this suggests that we will fill those graves. ^^ I am guessing that this may have somethinng to do with a serial killer or maybe nobody has died yet but this ride will fill those graves, reasonably similar to the idea behind oblivion, that you will die on this coaster. Also I am pretty sure that they will involve the corkscrew into the foliage, as the border for the leaflet is scaffolding and the foliage seems to be growing around it, also people on Towers times were saying that. ^^ Thats prety much all I can discover but I am curious as to what the bottom left of the main picture is.

EDIT: Is it just me or does it look like the left of the building look like it is morphing with the tree? Also all the buildings seem to be distorted, more so than the tree's could this symbolise that the forest is attacking all that is manmade seing that the buildings are at weird angles and seem to be disjointed. But then again I am not sure as the proof is quite flimsy. Evil alton towers making everything so damn difficult to firgure out! ¬¬

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes you are.

Also I am pretty sure that they will involve the corkscrew into the foliage, as the border for the leaflet is scaffolding and the foliage seems to be growing around it

I think you're looking into it a wee bit too far my friend.

A

Anonymous

Underworld the ride) joke.

It could be a liconthrope or a person on horseback. Or it could be a random part of the theme. Looking at the plans and such the building is of a castle like type the theme unknown but looks haunted/underworld like.

Everyone has a different view on this. I am just going to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.