What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Well i definatly think it has something that's haunting/chasing you in the indoor section.

Does anybody know what the world's first element is? Because it can't be just a backwards switchback.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ Nope no one knows what it actually is but its something inside the building.

I just hope its not something rediculously gimmicky and stupid like 'worlds first backwards drop at 85 degrees inside in the dark with animatronics as you fall' .

I hope its a true world's first like Oblivion was, although I can't think what the hell that could possibly be. Unless the track drops inside the building then launches you backwards or something like that would be cool.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Surely a backwards tilt track is a worlds first?

Like...

Tilt.gif

Slash

Giga Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
Neal likes the look of Journey to the Centre of the Earth: The Ride

But I do also hope that it doesn't get related to a film. DO NOT WANT!

do-not-want-dog.jpg

A-Kid said:

Like...

Tilt.gif

do_want.jpg

Who made the GIF by the way, cause its good :D

Oh and if the ditch is big couldn't it possibly be partially for track to fit in?

kimahri

CF Legend
NickkyG said:
Imagine if after it reversed, there was a seperate rail alonside (hidden) and some scary thing is chasing you backwards out of the building and around the corner :O

Now that idea I like.

Like...

Tilt.gif

Togo Ultra Twisters?

They go in forwards, tilt down and let the train go backwards.

neo

Mega Poster
^I’ve not come across another backwards tilt track, but there are (or were) other examples of the Togo Ultra Twister backwards tilt track in existence.

marc

CF Legend
Alton will say this is the first one that makes the whole train go backwards, on Winjas you only go backwards if your sitting at the back.

But for that reason I would say its not the first backwards tilt :)

And yes that Toga means they can not say worlds first.

Plus tbh going backwards on a coaster is not something new anyway tilt or no tilt.

But if they coaster is themed well inside and the whole thing is done well it will be good.

Ollie

CF Legend
I still reckon the train is going to stop. and then the track will drop drop horizontally down with the train on it and then be shot of backwards. Of course lights and stuff would be used to make the drop seem much larger.

marc

CF Legend
^ a few of us mentioned it before as well.

I think it will be some time before we find out what this ride is going to do.

A

Anonymous

Screaming Coasters said:
I bet they are going to do an Oblivion with it and be arses...

WTF are you on about?

Lets just hope that theres some form of decent theme to this one but as far as I can tell it should be pretty good.

Jake

Strata Poster
kitsune said:
Screaming Coasters said:
I bet they are going to do an Oblivion with it and be arses...

WTF are you on about?

He's just saying that they're going to keep it a secret, like they did with Oblivion...

WTF are YOU on about?

I kinda do hope they keep everybody guessing, it makes it more exciting! Although, I have a strange feeling people will be dissapointed, because I just can't see this being as good as the other secret weapon projects. I hope i'm wrong though :).

Whatever it is, it's going to be better than Corkscrew, anyway!

A

Anonymous

The Oblivion secracy was fun they were being hushed with that not being "arses". I like the fact that they have not given in to the pandering.

Oblivon was a mistory untill people got info/got sneeky pics of track and such.

with SW6 we only know its going to be an Intamin with a custom design. The layout and afew other tiny tit bits.

What is with this want for every granual of info so that you can say "I know more than you"

There is more to this than they let on yes but why can't some people just hold on and wait like the rest of the population.

The more we guess on things we may get some things at some points but in the long run 99% of it is pure speculation. The way the park handle this is good but the small "hints and drops" are at times to small or there to throw some people off the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.