What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
Guys can somebody help me out.

I went AT today and on the construction site there's little blocks of scafolding dotted around with ladders, yet no platform to stand on at the top of the ladders...WTF are these for? o_O?

-CA

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
coasteraddict10 said:
Guys can somebody help me out.

I went AT today and on the construction site there's little blocks of scafolding dotted around with ladders, yet no platform to stand on at the top of the ladders...WTF are these for? o_O?

-CA

scaffolding which hasn't been finished yet...

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I went on friday and there is a HUGE cubic hole in the ground where the building/backwards section is meant to be going. They have "curved" some ground around near rita where the first corner will go, which wil look gorgeous from Rita's station, I think. And also there is another HUGE cubis hole just before where the building will be going. Any clues as to why?
By the way, by huge I mean really really deep, you couldn't see the bottom from Ritas highest point (I know it's not very tall, but still).
So, yeah, explanations anyone?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
coasterdude_1 said:
This doesn't mean it's going to be bad, because it's built from a metal structure with cladding- almost everything is built out of that.

Look at the Harry Potter construction (occuring offsite) for an example of how good a steel frame with cladding can look:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ ... G_1118.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ ... G_1121.jpg

It's too early to become negative about this project anyway.

Screaming Coasters said:
Look, we've seen a digitally zoomed in picture of the damn thing. Why is everyone moaning at something we can hardly make out?

Okay, I shall hold back then and wait and see what the finished product is like :)

However, I reserve the right to say "Ner ner ner ner! I told you so!" ;) :lol:

Jools

Giga Poster
Prehaps not, but I just had an image where the train of the new ride, are similar to that of Furious Baco, but with moving seats, and the bit inside the tower is where there is a sharp downward turn, well it's an idea :lol: Probably wouldn't suit the rest of the track either!
http://unicoaster.com/index.html

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Oh man, you just know this is going to end being another Gerstlauer... :(

It would make sense that Merlin did a two ride deal with them...

Every ride of theirs I have ever been on was Total Fail including SAW.

Please let it be an Intamin!!!!!!

Ugh..

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Huh? What's wrong with Thorpe? I went for the first time a few weeks ago...it's no Alton Towers, but what's wrong with it?

STC

Mega Poster
I dunno if this makes a difference, but Intamin seem to have moved over to doing square supports as well now, as seen on iSpeed.

p23235.jpg

So still highly likely to be an Intamin, but I really wouldn't rule Gerstlauer out, they seem to be quite accommodating to parks custom desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.