What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Has anyone got the digital version of that poster (as in not a photo)? I'm really struggling to see exactly what's going on in it :(

Jools

Giga Poster
For the name, for some reason, I'm under the impression that it may be called "The Unknown", because it's only a matter of time before a coaster is called that, and that poster sort of points to that name, but I hope Alton is more creative like they were with their other names, okay maybe Rita was a little too creative but meh, might be getting a rename next year :D.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I don't see why everyone seems to think Rita needs a retheme? Air is plonked right in the middle of the 'forbidden valley' but it's nothing like Nemesis or Ripsaw, and it looks absolutely fine there.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^But Air is kinda separated away from Nemesis, Ripsaw and Blade due to it's location at the end of Forbidden Valley...

Rita is between the new ride and Hex, hence making no sense theme wise... So it needs a retheme...

Also, Air needs an actual theme anyway...

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
NickkyG said:
I don't see why everyone seems to think Rita needs a retheme? Air is plonked right in the middle of the 'forbidden valley' but it's nothing like Nemesis or Ripsaw, and it looks absolutely fine there.

I know what your saying, but Air is supposed* to be passed off as the calm side of forbidden valley, the oasis, the side that nemesis didn't touch.

Where as rita is a a women race car driver plonked straight in the middle of dinasoars.

* they haven't done it very well. :roll:

A

Anonymous

If Rita becomes Rita the spirit of the forest. It could fit abit more but Im still not sure if it will fit in more.

Gazza

Giga Poster
When I was Alton I was chatting with Furie about this back corner of the park just sort of being about English history, myths and legends....A lot of potential rides themes, and it would sort of be speaking to your own audience.

So with that in mind, I reckon a Rita re theme should simply be to make it like a classic British car rally. It would only take a handful of simple changes...Replace the nose of the train with something like the front of this car: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aJ4PnZD1A70/S ... nPoint.JPG
since the current trains look a bit too much like an American hot rod.

Repaint the trains in British racing green, also paint a number on the bonnet.

Do a bit of a renovation to the control booth, and do it in the architectural style of the buildings you see in Alton village. Replace the mesh railings around the station platform with white picket fences.
Finally, get rid of the tacky bits that don't fit in, like those tyres with 2d flames at the top of the poles.

I'd imagine all these things could be done quite cheaply, and you potentially wouldn't have to rename the ride either.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Slash said:
I reckon its themed around the chained oak. Notice the poster makes the "tower" look wooden.

But if it was, then they would have two rides with the same theme, and whilst that isn't so bad, the storylines wont make sense unless you have been on one before the other. You can't force people do that.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
jokerman said:
Slash said:
I reckon its themed around the chained oak. Notice the poster makes the "tower" look wooden.

But if it was, then they would have two rides with the same theme, and whilst that isn't so bad, the storylines wont make sense unless you have been on one before the other. You can't force people do that.

Not at all. You can have two stories that intertwine yet still make perfect sense as standalone stories. There are many books and series that work like this, why can't it work for themes of rides?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Not at all. You can have two stories that intertwine yet still make perfect sense as standalone stories. There are many books and series that work like this, why can't it work for themes of rides?

Yeah! Like the forbidden Valley, Nemesis, Ripsaw and Blade are all part of the same theme story.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
bob_3_ said:

Yeah! Like the forbidden Valley, Nemesis, Ripsaw and Blade are all part of the same theme story.

Exactly! They all work together and can fit together as one story, but work equally well as standalone themes.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
tks said:
Blade has a theme?
Yes, piece of shrapnel that came from Nemesis as it tried to dig it's way out.

Actually, wasn't it one of the machines they used to try and control Nemesis, or was that Ripsaw?

So confusing.

tks

Strata Poster
See. I doubt the general public really care about rollercoaster themeing. More immersive rides like Hex everyone gets into. But something like Nemesis its just a scary ride. And Blade.. Well.. Its just ****.

And Ripsaw is the one "that gets you wet"

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Kebab said:
Let me guess.. It's called The Unknown?

I think that might just be the phrase for the ride, like Oblivion has 'Dont Look Down', this rides phrase might be 'Ride into the unknown'.

Well i hope so anyway, The Unknown is a **** name

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
^Whilst i do agree it is a shocking name, there's not much you can do with a coaster themed to the saw movies.

As im writing this the advert is on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.