What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Is that true about the Mushrooms? You can see it, the white one, but is it to signify the layout?

marc

CF Legend
After going on a Mega Lite in Denmark I really hope this in not what Alton are getting.

I really liked the Mega Lite its a great coaster, but as a complete track.

I can not see this working as a coaster that stops, goes backwards etc. The lap bars will hurt if this happens plus it will simply have no speed.

The Mega Lite works well due to the drops and turns I can not see it working well at all if the plans we have seen are correct. Its an air time coaster not a trick coaster, if you know what I mean.

I dont know what other people think after riding one.

In other words, if they get a mega Lite that is what they should get and not chop it up to fit in with their plans.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ I agree.

I was thinking, what if the building part was something where the track actually drops from the top part to the bottom part using hydraulics, with something to give the illusion that you're actually falling even more, like on spiderman? Then you could get pushed backwards, not a launch, but just something to get you rolling. Finally you go down a small drop and through the helix.

Just a thought.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^The station is to the left of the hole, though the whole building covers 2/3 of the corkscrew site. That hole is where the tilt/transfer is to reverse the train into the tunnel under the workshop.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
marc said:
In other words, if they get a mega Lite that is what they should get and not chop it up to fit in with their plans.

So you'd rather have a coaster that does all these tricks, but no force or airtime?

Ok, good work...

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ This coaster can have airtime and such, but it won't be a mega lite. A mega lite is a specific type of coaster with the same layout or a similar layout every time. You can't call this a mega lite just because it has a drop with a curve and airtime hills, and is made by Intamin. And it can still have forces and airtime and be under 200 feet and not be a mega lite.

marc

CF Legend
Erol a Mega Lite does have force and airtime so I have no idea what you are going on about?

Looking at Altons plans they are getting rid of some of the best parts of a Mega Lite, the turns. If you ride one you will see what I mean.

I said I would rather have a full Mega Lite than a chopped up version of one, maybe you have read what I meant wrong?

Maybe I will be proved wrong.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
^ I was confused about what Erol said too :?

I am under the impression now, that the cars may look totally different too, has anyone came up with the idea or moving trains, maybe like the Emotion ones or Euro-Mir :?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
marc said:
Erol a Mega Lite does have force and airtime so I have no idea what you are going on about?

I didn't say that... I acknowledged the fact that it did.

You said you don't want a Megalite mixed with this coaster as it'll ruin the point of a Megalite. So I said, would you rather something boring, unforceful with no airtime then?

I don't see anything wrong with a chopped up version myself :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Tbh, I'd rather have a chopped up, half awesome Mega-lite with a different second half, than a crap ride type.

marc

CF Legend
Erol, I think we both miss understood what we both meant :)

As someone said before anyway this is not a Mega Lite anyway, and it is wrong to call it that.

it's a coaster that uses the trains and the track type thats about it really. Saying that we do not even know what trains they are using. It does not even use the 1st half of a Mega Lite.

I do hope that use lap bars though.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
New banner and posters! (Sorry about picture quality and stuff, phone!)

008-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

(On its side, wouldnt have been able to fit in)
012-3.jpg

So we have, bi-rail track, gravestone crosses and dark trees. hmm.. :)

Mark

Strata Poster
The fact it is Bi-Rail track really doesn't mean anything. It is just for illustration purposes! ets not get to jumping any guns now people :p

Status
Not open for further replies.