What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
Yes we spoke on msn but I dont remember anything about this hole.

I have to be honest I only remember the comment a few pages back about the ground, I did not look back to April so I stand corrected :)

This has thrown me a bit as I do remember Slayed saying the original plans should no ground work like this. But then when I thought about it they dont need permission in that area.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Groundwork is fine as it's inside the building. They don't need to show it as it's covered and hidden. The council plans only need to cover what can be seen outside. The area being dug is well away from the archaeological sensitive area too so it didn't have to be there. It's the same as the way the plans didn't show the entire inside bit, footers, etc - they didn't need to as the building is the planning concern.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Let's just nip all this in the bud.

Nobody outside of Alton truly knows what's going on, so no need for the ''I TOLD YOU 37 DAYS AGO THAT THEY WOULD SCOOP OUT 36 SCOOPS PER HOUR AND TURN ANTI-CLOCKWISE TO DROP THEM''.

I've not been keeping up with it or CF in general, but I take it those pictures are a few days recent?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
In an interview with John Wardley, he said the project is super top secret, and he's not even told his wife.

If Ollie knows, then he should tell people at the Live this weekend. Now, none of them must tell anyone anything (and I'll delete any posts that release details).

That way, when the thing comes out, there are reliable people who can say "Ollie was right all along".

Anyway, I know all about it.

Right now I say "Beware what lurks in the dark". There we go, I'll be proven right - just you wait and see :)

Ollie

CF Legend
^Lol. I didn't even say I knew everything. Back then I just said that someone from the Alton team told me most of what he knew as they are keeping it secret from the staff as well. He told me about the hole they were going to dig which they're doing now and what manufacturer it is that's making it. That's all. :)
Oh and he also said that it's not meant to be very exciting and if you hype it up then you'll be disappointed and that it won't be the best ride in the park still.
We'll just have to wait and see. :)

A

Anonymous

DSC00436.jpg

TTF

Second hole being dug just in the foreground of that little yellow truck.

Lofty

CF Legend
I was speaking to a man who shall not be named, (and before anyone starts, no not Voldemort) at Scarecon' this year, the man is from a theming and designing company and when I saw on his screen it saying 'Alton Towers Projects' I asked him did he know anything about SW6? He replied with 'Oh you must be an enthusiast to say SW6?@ and started laughing, so we got talkjing and I asked him if he kenw anything. He said 'Yeah, I know bits about whats actualy gonig to happen and I really wouldn't get your hopes up, it isn't that great' and he started laughing again.

I think that the person who told Ollie these things may actualy be telling the truth, and as he said, he hasn't even been told much, just about the holes and the fact that its not gunna be all that great! lol!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, I've kept myself out of this topic so far, and I know that the big hole has been discussed, but I'm not too sure about the secondary hole at the far left of the visible construction site.

Any who, some material actually arrived there yesterday. Well, it'd not exciting to me, but it may be to some of you.

It was large pieces of horrible bright yellow metal, corregated. There were around a dozen of them and they were being lifted and placed inside the secondary hole. I have no idea what for, or why, but oh well.

And before you all start saying 'Pictures!!!', I didn't take my camera with me as it was pissing it down all day and I didn't want to risk losing my camera to the rain. However, I'm sure it's nothing exciting enough to deserve a picture...

A

Anonymous

Sounds like they are putting in temporary reinforcement in to stop possible collapse.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Wait a second. There's 2 holes and we're already judging that SW6 is going to be a crock of ****?

I have faith in Alton & definately John Wardley.

Lofty

CF Legend
Nobody did say that, all we said basically is no point hyping it up when it has a VERY high posibility of not living up to it, I suppose you can say this about any coaster but maybe this more then any!

jacoaster

Roller Poster
There is no doubt that you'll all be disappointed. I mean, it's like a tradition for coaster fans to automatically dislike any new ride that isn't wooden or doesn't have super airtime. :lol:

Personally I'm really looking forward to this. I'm sure won't be the best roller coaster ever, but I am sure it will at least be a nice, fun family coaster.

Do we know what the rider position will be yet?

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
-lofty- said:
Nobody did say that, all we said basically is no point hyping it up when it has a VERY high posibility of not living up to it, I suppose you can say this about any coaster but maybe this more then any!

To be honest, I don't suck into the hype, that's what kills rollercoasters. I honestly am looking forward to it, but I won't be lurking round for updates or speculating for that matter. Thats probably why enthusiasts don't like rides as much as the GP, every grain of sand is assessed and rumours flow faster than a curry eater's bowels.

Status
Not open for further replies.