What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Much of the ride is dug into the ground.

Also, Nickky, Rita will almost certainly be re-themed so it does not ruin the atmosphere.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I have a deep and dirty hole to show you all...

3707837216_1ec27a699c_b.jpg

Taken from Almanac.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think it is, it looks like it. Rach got some good shots of the hole - it's seriously deep now!

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Not so secretive as of yet :p
Seems you will always get more than a glimpse of construction just sitting in the cable car gondolas.

marc

CF Legend
See this is where the plans did not give the whole story. It said there would be no land excavation, but they did not need to say it for this part of the park. So the drop there could be more than we ever thought it would be.

I have a feeling though as soon as the hole are dug the area will be cover over so people can not see.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't want to get into too much speculation over a hole, however.

You couldn't see how deep the hole was, but the hole the digger was sitting in was digger deep. The hole it had dug from there was probably twenty or thirty feet deep. So a total hole of maybe 30 or 40 feet I reckon.

I'd suggest, this is for the hydraulics that operate "the secret bit" - which is almost certainly a controlled drop with effects to make it seem like a much higher fall.

If this hole gets bigger though (like coaster train length), then we may actually see the train drop into it. At the moment though I'd say it's doubtful.

If you have farcebook (and maybe if you don't), you may or may not be able to see Rach's photos here (sorry to steal them Rach, but people are clearly desperate ;) ).

5616_1172569591077_1133143676_527521_4095123_n.jpg

5616_1172569671079_1133143676_527523_4476036_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It looks neat and finished too, ready for concrete on the sides. So I suspect it's a pit for machinery.

Ollie

CF Legend
My brother was at the park over the weekend and got some photos. All they're doing right now is digging the big hole which you can see in the photos above.
Oh and didn't I say earlier in this topic to watch the ground waaaayy before construction began? :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think Erol, it's going to be mostly coaster, with an indoor mini drop type of thing while you're still on the coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.