What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I think this ride will be some kind of hybrid of existing coasters in the Intamin range. Im getting quite exited about this ride as it has the SW tag. With Intamin building this, it should be full of airtime along the section through the woods.

Im wondering when construction will start. I can see the station building taking quite sometime to build.

A

Anonymous

From the reports from late last year construction should start in july. But even that was an estimation.

Hopefully what ever it is it should be prety good as its intamin who are creating the tracking. They are good at custom/one off stuff but will other parks copy this if its a hit like Rita was. I hope it will be like nemesis never cloned but has some close relatives. (Black mamba etc...)

A

Anonymous

WE will find out soon when the track arrives or people from a manufacturer arrives or the park says company X Y or Z is the manufacturer.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Rita arrived and people went "ah, Intamin track". Unfortunately, this time, we already know what the track looks like and still couldn't work it out 100% guaranteed. So track arriving confirms nothing.

I do think it IS Intamin, all the evidence points that way, but the park will probably keep quiet for quite a while yet.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^I'm gonna ride Saw tomorrow and I had a strange dream that it was a themed mine train coaster with about 4 cars (2x3 seats per car) with a 95* drop, but no inversions.

Also it was a dream, so I couldn't feel forces, so it all felt incredibly lame.

Proof that dreams don't really give a good model of reality.

Back on topic, I might be being dumb and have missed them, but has there been any stats about the ride?

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
^ I'm not sure, there may have been height or length on the plans though. But then again, there might not have.

I'm heading to Alton on Saturday. Hopefully something will have happened. I'm doubtful though.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I went last week and there wasnt much going on on site. On a number of Towers fan site there seems to be conformation about the ride being Intamin. If this is the case, this could be a very fun airtime filled ride. Topped off with what ever the wourld first element will be.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
A Rita re-theme would seem to be called for. But to be honest, a drag race around a magical forest fits in just as well as a drag race around a prehistoric land... which is to say, not very well.

I would like to see a re-theme and "Spirit of the Forest" seems to work, but I just can't put it past them to shrug their shoulders and say it'll be okay as it is.

neo

Mega Poster
Ok. So whilst browsing throw a lovely site made by a man called Robb Alvey. I stumbled across something that disproved my theory for SW6’s world’s first element. It turns out that an entirely backwards tilt track has been done before:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastert ... atwister_1

So either Alton Towers don’t realise this, or they have something else up their sleeve. How fitting that my theory should end with the same concept that ended for Nemesis, lets hope lightning can strike twice.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Rita: Spirit of the Forest?

Wasn't this Rita a racing driver or something? If they are going to scrap the racing theme, why would they still keep that Ritarded name? (pun intended) It was barely excusable in the first place, there's a hundred names that would fit better for an accelerator (never mind a racing themed ride) than "Rita", but now they are (apparently) going to retheme it and still keep the name?
OK, people would still call it Rita if it changed name, but that's no excuse.

Just go for Spirit or something. Please.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
drag race around a magical forest fits in just as well as a drag race around a prehistoric land... which is to say, not very well.

Rally Races? They go through forests, just theme it to that.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
^Agreed. It seems like they are trying to cling on to the brand name they have got, even if it doesn't fit the theme at all.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I like Rita:Spirit of the Forest.
I think it is a good sounding name. Leaving Rita is personifies the ride and the 'Spirit', and Rita fits this name and theme better because it give the impression that you are being thrown around by Rita, the Spirit of the Forset, not being driven by Rita, the Queen of Speed at a 50's drag strip. Keeping the name allows them to create a back story for the spirit, some deep, scary story about someone called Rita who died and now haunts the forest, and Spirit gives the impression that it is not a friendly ghost.

And to stop the support thing that is going on now, SW6 will have iSpeed style square supports, so everytime you see a vehicle with some support columns, dont whip out the camera and cry out you have seen the supports. Even if you do see them, it's pretty pointless if they are on the back of a lorry and not being built.

A

Anonymous

cant wait 4 this new coaster, i cant wait to see what type it will be either, alton never do a bad job with there coasters so this is definately 1 to look forward 2

Status
Not open for further replies.