What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted a comment on his video asking why he's deleting everyone's comments and how he's wrong. I also said if he deleted my comment then it would prove my point and I would let everyone who watched his video know what he's doing.

I left him a comment about his so called "reliable source".

I hope Alton advertise this like they did with Oblivion, solely on the coaster and its theme, nothing to do with Alton.

Mr Nash said:
So £12m for this,I wonder how much of that is set aside for the themeing?

Saw was around the £12/13m mark, right? I think i remember them saying that half of the budget went on themeing. This looks similar, in the way that i imagen the theming will be good but just in the station building. So about £6m if the original figure is correct.

Thats what I thought Inverse. I think they are going for the same sort of idea as Saw. A haunting/ horror sort of theme. A small style company doing the track, special indoor effects.

Worlds first/ World record something.

Coincidence, obviously not seeing as Merlin own both parks :lol:

Oh and Sanbrooke has locked all comments now.

I just posted this on TTF, hope you like where im going.

Kaz said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I now believe we can almost defiantly call this an Intamin coaster. Reason being that not only does all the evidence I have put forward above add up, the plans also show a new correlation.

Those who have seen the plans will know that the majority of the support structure is boxed rather than the usual rounded supports.

As you can see below, there is a clear difference between Rita's circular supports and SW6's boxed supports.

picture1xic.png

Now, at first I thought that would be quite odd for Intamin, however, observe the pictures below of Intamin's latest creation:

3024zyt.jpg

2u7ajib.jpg

So just to cover my back:

- I believe that we will be getting a custom Intamin.
- The world's first will be to do with the tipping mechanism.
- The coaster will use Intamin's new support structure.
- It will be bi-track for the simple reason it is not a very intense coaster.
- I also have a feeling we might be seeing lap bars.
- Possibility of LIM use on track.

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... &start=480

^ It would likely be LSM if it were Intamin. And doesn't Winja's have a tilting track? If not, Gravity Max does. So unless they can pass it off as something else, that's not it..

I do think Maykay is right - it's just the details aren't quite there (you have to remember, we don't have any LIM or LSM coasters in the UK, so most people don't know the difference).

The indoor bit, if it's tilt backwards track, then it's a world's first Intamin tilt backwards into launch coaster in the world.

Or whatever, it doesn't take much to put a world's first spin onto it.

I am willing to put my money on Vekoma, due to some other things that have been said.

They have new track coming out that we have not seen yet, and I do not think this coaster will have a launch as Rita does and thats right next door.

The track and the trains will be the worlds first parts.

All this is just gosip though, I am just going on whats around the web at the moment. Screamscape seem to also think this coaster will be Vekoma everything adds up apart from the track, but as I said new track is meant to be coming from them.

Plus who is to say Intamin are the only ones who have developed those type of supports ;) Because Intamin were the first to use tri-track extensively, now look how many use it.

Plus isn't iSpeed designed to withstand earthquakes? Being in an earthquake zone?

Kaz said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I now believe we can almost defiantly call this an Intamin coaster. Reason being that not only does all the evidence I have put forward above add up, the plans also show a new correlation.

Those who have seen the plans will know that the majority of the support structure is boxed rather than the usual rounded supports.

As you can see below, there is a clear difference between Rita's circular supports and SW6's boxed supports.

picture1xic.png

Now, at first I thought that would be quite odd for Intamin, however, observe the pictures below of Intamin's latest creation:

3024zyt.jpg

2u7ajib.jpg

So just to cover my back:

- I believe that we will be getting a custom Intamin.
- The world's first will be to do with the tipping mechanism.
- The coaster will use Intamin's new support structure.
- It will be bi-track for the simple reason it is not a very intense coaster.
- I also have a feeling we might be seeing lap bars.
- Possibility of LIM use on track.

The plans do not show box supports, they show I-beam supports. I-beam supports reduce noise without the need for sand dampening, thus reducing cost. Intamin have also used I-beam supporting extensively recently:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3950.htm?picture=5

http://www.rcdb.com/ig4293.htm?picture=12

As for the world first element, in my opinion, it will feature “the worlds first entirely backwards tilt track”. It may be a weak claim to fame, but we’re talking about the same company who claimed: “the world’s first vertical drop roller coaster” (i.e. centred around a vertical drop), “Europe’s tallest and fastest launch roller coaster” and “the worlds steepest freefall drop”. They’re all respectable records yet they rely on technicalities. Why should Alton’s latest project be any different? Why spend large amounts of precious money on research and development, when something equally as effective is on your doorstep?

Furthermore a backwards tilt track is very family friendly. Family friendly thrills are something that the corkscrew offered at the end of its life, which is perhaps fitting for a corkscrew replacement? Is this England’s very own Expedition Everest? (It certainly struck me as such initially.)

Once again a disclaimer is important to include. I don’t claim to have inside information; all of the above is speculation based on the planning applications, so it could be anything in reality, we’ll see.

Taken from ATA:

Here we bring you the latest news and rumours from the construction site.

First of all, we can confirm that the manufacturer of the new-for-2010 roller coaster will be Intamin.

Alton Towers and Intamin have worked together several times in the past, most recently with Rita - Queen of Speed but also with the Congo River Rapids and the now-retired Swan Boats.

This means a break in tradition for the park, for the other three "Secret Weapon" coasters - Nemesis, Oblivion and Air - were manufactured by Bolliger & Mabillard.

It is believed that construction on the new ride will begin in mid-June, with the station building being the first part of the ride to appear. No track is expected to be arriving on-site until at least a few months later.

As to what marks this coaster out as a world's first, it is rumoured to involve a backwards launch section part-way around the ride circuit.

The theme is still unknown, although the banner next to Rita's queue advertising the new ride seems to point towards a 'dark forest' theme. If true, then hopefully the park will re-theme Rita to match, as the current 'Thunder Rock Rally' theme is already a hybrid of drag racing/prehistoric era.

As ever, the park themselves are giving nothing away, so it remains to be seen how things will pan out.

Until Alton make the statement I dont think anything can be confirmed.

A few weeks ago it was B&M now they are saying Intamin.

We shall see anyway, Ollie knows though :)

ATA said:
As to what marks this coaster out as a world's first, it is rumoured to involve a backwards launch section part-way around the ride circuit.

Part way around the ride circuit? Maybe the whole coaster is backwards and the switchbacks actually make the train face forwards? :?

Who knows..

spicy said:
ATA said:

Part way around the ride circuit? Maybe the whole coaster is backwards and the switchbacks actually make the train face forwards? :?

Who knows..

I said that a few weeks back :wink:

There is only so much a human body can take, and this is a family coaster. The train I would not think would do that much going backwards, air time hills would be a big no no.

As for a backwards launch, well I hope people dont smash their heads into the seat in front. Unless the launch is so weak it just wont work as UC and others have said already.

As I said anyway I dont believe this story, sounds like someone has been reading forum sites and made a load of **** up. I could be very very wrong, I just dont think this will be what has been said.

And as I said last week the same people said it was a B&M and based on a dog :)

^It works to a degree on Hollywood's RotM with the whole backwards launch thing...

Gonna wait and see really... Nothing else we can comment on so speculation is all we're doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.