What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
Does it I can not remember, I did not like the coaster anyway. They also had to trim the backwards part as people complained. Anyway all this has been said.

The layout at the start of this coaster before the turnaround or whatever it does is just to much to go backwards.

Thats my view and others as well. We might be wrong and you might be right who knows :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^Because we don't know the nature of the interior, we don't know how it starts going backwards... Indeed, it could be (as Jools said) Everest style where the tracks drops to an angle, with added push to make it go fast enough through the helix...

All fair game tbh...

A

Anonymous

Actually Marc thats wrong, no one from ATA said it was B&M, it was Shaun Sanbrooke that stated it would be a B&M! Not from ATA! Dan only posts truth, he wouldn't post it unless he had hard evidence to back his claims up!

marc

CF Legend
Yes I got the 2 sites messed up.

They should post this eviedence to back up their claim then. What is the point in "confirming the ride" if they dont even know what it will do for example. But using the word "confirmed" is a bold statement so I can see what you mean.

If this is true I would have expected Alton to just admit it but still nothing from them at all.

But as people have said on here and other sites a backwards launch is not a worlds first. Even though I just count the Mummy as a push, its still counted as a launch.

marc

CF Legend
See though everyone is giving reasons to why this will not be a worlds 1st if these are the elements they are claiming to be the right ones.

But as people have said they could fool the public.

Ollie

CF Legend
Marc, I thought you said you were trying to avoid this convo. :p
And everyone's thinking too deeply into this. Why don't you all just wait until it's revealed?

marc

CF Legend
Yes I was but then did not lol.

As someone else has said that coaster at Blackpool launches backwards.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
So this is Intamin, then.

Great news, not because they are the biggest and possibly best manufacturer, or because of their great reputation, but because it proves me right! Everything else is just by-the-by...joking clearly, Intamin are the best for tis job, and this finaly puts an end to the stupid B&M debate.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Not really been taking much notice of this, until the last few days.

Just been reading on TTF that they seem to think its going to be an Intamin Mega-lite coaster.

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/ind ... &Itemid=32

Looks like a good idea, but would they get the planning permission for something like that?

Just hope that whatever it turns out to be, it wont be a let down.

A

Anonymous

If they could get planning permision for a mega-lite it would be a good move.

marc

CF Legend
The thing is at the moment a Mega-lite coaster is a box standard coaster, clones at the the end of the day.

Alton's plans do to match up to the standard Mega-lite, they would need to re apply.

Jools

Giga Poster
I am very worried about the capacity of this thing, Mega-Lites have a capacity of 820pph, so how would Alton improve that total :?

Ben

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
The thing is at the moment a Mega-lite coaster is a box standard coaster, clones at the the end of the day.

Alton's plans do to match up to the standard Mega-lite, they would need to re apply.

It doesn't have to be standard to be a Mega-lite. Even regular Megas "started" with clones!

marc

CF Legend
^Yeah good point.

The web site though is not advertising that these can be custom built, but I suppose they dont need to.

Still dont see it as one of these though simply due to what the coaster might do in the building.

If it is one of these they better use lap bars and not over head restraints.

Jools

Giga Poster
Please tell me the worlds first isn't "World's firs custom mega-lite coaster"
*slaps face in horror*

Ben

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
Still dont see it as one of these though simply due to what the coaster might do in the building.

That doesn't really matter - this is Intamin. If someone wants them to do something "outside the box" and wacky with a coaster, they'll bloody well do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.