What's new

Dollywood | Lightning Rod | Launched RMC

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Jarrett said:
Oh look, Emily and I get screwed out of an RMC again.

Not gonna lie, not only a I gutted but I honestly don't even want to go this weekend. I'm already booked but I'd rather have a mediocre time at home than a miserable time at Dollywood.
No one deserves to spited out of two RMCs in a row :|. That sounds painful....

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Aw, that's a shame - sorry to hear that you'll be shorted Jarrett.

Some others and I were looking back through the annals of history to when Maverick's opening was delayed as well, as CP removed the barrel roll and installed the S-Bend. A 4 day heads up was given in that case as well. One would hope parks could be more upfront and honest with these openings, as it is no secret the amount of planning and logistics that goes into making an opening from visitors.

I am due down April 8, and will hope with bated breath things go operational by the end of the month.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Aww, that sucks. Sorry about the spite Jarrett. At least Goliath has a good track record, when you get around to doing that.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I mean, it's 2 years old now. Jarrett got spited out of OR due to the Midwest's stupidly cold winter. Goliath only operates in the summer, so it's extremely likely it'll operate this season. Even if Goliath fails on him, Storm Chaser is like, what? 2 hours away?

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, sorry about it but things get delayed. Don't book an opening weekend if you're not prepared for the chance the coaster won't open.

It's not even like it has never happened with an RMC before.

In the same way, don't go for a winter event where the coaster sometimes shuts for cold weather!

These could both have been avoided, tbh.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
The only reason I went for the opening day was because of the event but I thought they were confident it would. Same thing with SDC, I was told it would be in the forties.

I guess it'll have to be Storm Chaser whenever Emily can get down here...

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
The situation Jarrett is in reminds me of when I went to Six Flags over Texas in August of 2013. The lady had recently fell out, so the ride was closed. Still went through with the plans, and when we went, the ride was closed. It sucked, but I should've known the ride would be closed for a long time, but I thought it would be open by the time we went so we didn't change plans. That visit wasn't as fun as I would've hoped because my at the time favorite coaster was closed.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Jarrett said:
The only reason I went for the opening day was because of the event but I thought they were confident it would. Same thing with SDC, I was told it would be in the forties.

I guess it'll have to be Storm Chaser whenever Emily can get down here...
Can't you go without her? If your that desperate to get on an RMC then I'm sure you could arrange to go with a friend?

XLR8R

Roller Poster
Jarrett said:
Oh look, Emily and I get screwed out of an RMC again.

Not gonna lie, not only a I gutted but I honestly don't even want to go this weekend. I'm already booked but I'd rather have a mediocre time at home than a miserable time at Dollywood.

Well, you tried to go on Outlaw Run in December where Missouri can easily get very cold and you attempted to ride Lightning Rod, a prototype roller coaster, on its opening date. I don't want to come off as an a**, but perhaps a little better planning can avoid situations like this?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm not going to say too much but in regards to me...

*I love Emily and nothing as significant as my first RMC will I do with anyone else.
*Better planning is what will happen.

This is a real shame though and I hope Dollywood gets it open soon. It looks amazing, too. I love watching it fly around those curves. <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Official statement from RMC

[facebookpost]http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=986845614685892&id=154373424599786[/facebookpost]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yes, Dar posted it on the previous page.

I'm happy to have the video again though, as it's brilliant. :lol:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I know it's testing, but I'm ever so slightly disappointed at the energy loss at the quad down.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ You always have to take testing videos with a grain of salt; testing below (or even above) normal speed, especially on launched roller coasters, is a part of the process.

BigBad

Mega Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
I know it's testing, but I'm ever so slightly disappointed at the energy loss at the quad down.
I think you have to hit it at a slow speed to keep from pulling dangerous negative forces. If you approach it fast, then you have to have wider radii, so each drop is longer and you can't fit in all four.

Only the top of the third drop is in view, and it seems to be going pretty good by the time it hits that, so the speed should be high for the fourth drop.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
BigBad said:
GuyWithAStick said:
Only the top of the third drop is in view, and it seems to be going pretty good by the time it hits that, so the speed should be high for the fourth drop.
Exactly. It is at the top of a quadruple down...

I don't imagine this is going to feel like it's losing energy at all.