What's new

Dollywood | Lightning Rod | Launched RMC

Smithy

Strata Poster
I aggressively slapped her on the arse screaming "GET UP THE STAIRS YOU **** !!!!" Chris then reminded me it was a family park, Emily kept joking that it would go down again (known to be an action with direct ties to broken RMCs), I put all my weight on her bar and it shoved the buckle into her thigh leaving a bruise

You're not normal.

Snoo

The Legend
Mouse, ita definitely one of those cases of 'ride it and feel the love'. The fact that all of us who went to the US Live this year and rode it speaks volumes as we all have varying degrees of experience but all felt the same.

Smithy said:
I aggressively slapped her on the arse screaming "GET UP THE STAIRS YOU **** !!!!" Chris then reminded me it was a family park, Emily kept joking that it would go down again (known to be an action with direct ties to broken RMCs), I put all my weight on her bar and it shoved the buckle into her thigh leaving a bruise

You're not normal.

If you read that as testimony in an abuse case, you'd be convicted. Remember there are always two sides to a coin and having met you, your explanation is mild to how it may actually be. I suggest you tone it down not only in real life but the forums as well.

Error

Strata Poster
Jarrett said:
Honestly, if you're in a healthy relationship, this stuff should be funny to both of you.

Honestly I think this is the scariest thing about your whole rant. You call your girlfriend names, abuse her both mentally and physically, and demean her intelligence. You are blaming her for rides going down (Years of working on rides makes me want to slap the stupid out of you for that).

This is what a healthy relationship is to you. You are sewage grade slim oozing from the festering boil of humanity, and I hope she realizes that before it's too late.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Jarrett said:
Okay, I feel CF has had enough of both the dirty laundry from Emily and I's relationship as well as people accusing me of abusing my gf, so this will be my only post on this so as to avoid going off topic.

My girlfriend and I are **** to each other. All the time. I tell her her stupid mouth is cursed and breaks RMCs, she shrugs and says they aren't good anyway, I call her out for having all three of the ones we rode in her top tens, she tells me I'm dumb for liking "overrated" Fury, I tell her she's dumb for judging a cred she doesn't even have, she tells me everyone says I305 is better (another one she doesn't have), I tell her she's stupid for drinking the I305 Kool Aid, she tells me it's bound to be good because it's an Intamin, I slam Intamin and point out that they got exiled from North America in 2012 (though gave us a nice little middle finger on the way out that you can now experience in Pennsylvania) and tell her RMC is better, the conversation restarts. All with a ton of swearing, name-calling, personal attacks, starting CF threads to quell the argument, and her letting it be known to her Instagram cult following of twelve year-olds that I snore and fart in my sleep. And it's comedy, it's funny, it's how we have fun. She's not only my girlfriend, but she's my best friend, and the whole point of having a best friend is someone you can be an absolute **** to who can retaliate and it's perfectly normal and fun.

I literally made a Facebook post publicly calling her the C word for breaking Wicked Cyclone and when it went back up I aggressively slapped her on the arse screaming "GET UP THE STAIRS YOU **** !!!!" Chris then reminded me it was a family park, Emily kept joking that it would go down again (known to be an action with direct ties to broken RMCs), I put all my weight on her bar and it shoved the buckle into her thigh leaving a bruise. And she called me every name in the book from the time I slammed it down to the time we left the train. So I called her stupid for trying to make my 200 sign look like a pink zebra purse. And it was all in good fun, we say terrible things about each other and laugh.

Honestly, if you're in a healthy relationship, this stuff should be funny to both of you.

Back to the RMC at hand. Hope it stays open for ten more days.
You realize how one sided this abuse is right? You seriously just listed all these times you were an awful because she said something slightly irritating. Everything you did was totally undeserved. I can't judge solely on one post, but your relationship sounds **** horrifying. I hope this isn't how you two usually are or else I feel really sorry for your girlfriend. Either way, you really do need to change your attitude.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay that's quite enough of that. It's not appropriate or on topic.

Any more posts relating to Jarrett's relationship in this thread will be deleted.

Maverix

Mega Poster
From your friendly neighborhood Lightning Rod ride op, we have been back in technical rehearsal since Thursday! Not sure how long we plan to be in tech rehearsals before going back to officially open, but the ride has been up and running with guests again!

ST Dog

Roller Poster
Maverix said:
From your friendly neighborhood Lightning Rod ride op, we have been back in technical rehearsal since Thursday! Not sure how long we plan to be in tech rehearsals before going back to officially open, but the ride has been up and running with guests again!

Sure wish a friendly ride op would spill the beans on the reason for the long closure.

Or the source of the regular breakdowns.
Like Saturday night ~ 9:15 when it went down, then at 9:30 needed a test run, soon followed by closed for the night.

Or why rows 8 and 9 are closed, so only running 20 on the train instead of the full 24.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I'd be very careful what you put online, specifically with regards to answering those questions on breakdowns etc

Lofty

CF Legend
So, this is back doing technical rehearsals? I wonder how much Dollywood are claiming back for this?

Maverix

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
I'd be very careful what you put online, specifically with regards to answering those questions on breakdowns etc

I know what I am allowed/ not allowed to put online. Figured answering a question about if the ride is open or not is appropriate!

As far as why we have or haven't been running, I have to keep my mouth shut. Hence why I don't post very often anymore. At this point, I am thrilled to be able to have guests back on the ride after such a long period of down time!

ST Dog

Roller Poster
Maverix said:
As far as why we have or haven't been running, I have to keep my mouth shut.

I'm aware. Just musing out loud.
Didn't mean you for one.

Was thinking like someone leaving for school and not planning to return, posting anonymously...

Surprisingly few leaks, which I guess says something about the company.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I had resigned myself to LR being closed for my visit, but when I was there Sunday/Monday last week it was operating and I got about 10 rides in.

Wow, it's amazing!

Id say it has the intensity of skyrush, with obscene amounts of air (Especially on the quad down.

I rode Outlaw Run a few days later and that felt tamer in comparison

At night it beats out the Beast by a Long way....the back end of the ride after the first drop is in complete darkness, with no floodlights like the beast, so really adds to the experience.

Iyis a tas rougher than other RMCs, but nothing unbearable.

ChiRunner

Roller Poster
Gazza said:
I had resigned myself to LR being closed for my visit, but when I was there Sunday/Monday last week it was operating and I got about 10 rides in.

Wow, it's amazing!

Id say it has the intensity of skyrush, with obscene amounts of air (Especially on the quad down.

At night it beats out the Beast by a Long way....the back end of the ride after the first drop is in complete darkness, with no floodlights like the beast, so really adds to the experience.

Yeah but is it better than Voyage at night?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
ChiRunner said:
Gazza said:

Wow, it's amazing!

Yeah but is it better than Voyage at night?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd say they're about equal, though LR might have a slight Edge. I'll let you know again when i re-ride voyage at night later this year.