What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
So.. my personal opinion is ridiculous now? Hmm.. I never thought so.

Marcus; you're missing the point. He's coming up with some ridiculous arguments just because he thinks it's ugly.

Expedition Geforce - Look how long the trains are and look how drawn out the track is.

You do realize that Expedition Geforce's first hill is a little more than half the height of the first hill? There's your reason for drawing it out.

To further the arguement, have you ever wondered where all those trim brakes on your beloved Behemoth came from?

Oh yes, all those trim brakes in which only one is on? Are those the ones you're talking about? I thought so.

And yes, I do think that this:

p21107.jpg

www.rcdb.com

and this:

p10139.jpg

www.rcdb.com

do look the same. Similar in size, different trains. EDIT: Actually, I think that Behemoth has steeper hills than Eurostar. How bizarre?

For the record, the trains aren't complete. The decals aren't even on two of the trains, and the one that does have a decal still needs eyes.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
So some stickers will make the train look better?
Good work.

You do realize that Expedition Geforce's first hill is a little more than half the height of the first hill? There's your reason for drawing it out.

errrrrr, no. You've missed the point and I'm not just on about airtime, I hope you realise this.

Ohh come on guys, I think it's very safe to say that if one of these were opening in the UK that everyone from there who is putting it down would probably be creaming over it.

That's all.

Ben

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Intamin have this market by the balls, B&M seem to tail behind nowadays.

Um, you mean the Intamin who haven't built a hyper since 2003 (the Mega-lites are a different ball game) are somehow in front of the B&M who have built 5 since then?

Uh... could you explain the logic to me, it seems to me the other way round?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Thanks for the correction Marcus.

[/minor fail]

Ohh come on guys, I think it's very safe to say that if one of these were opening in the UK that everyone from there who is putting it down would probably be creaming over it.

This statement has so much truth in it, it's unreal.

Um, you mean the Intamin who haven't built a hyper since 2003 (the Mega-lites are a different ball game) are somehow in front of the B&M who have built 5 since then?

Uh... could you explain the logic to me, it seems to me the other way round?

Thank you! I thought I would have to pull up some RCDB links on this. Hell, I'll still post them:

All Intamin mega coasters:
6 total, last one opening in 2003.
http://www.rcdb.com/ir.htm?model=184

All B&M mega coasters:
9 total, one being built this year, one built in '08, one in '07, and two in '06.
http://www.rcdb.com/ir.htm?model=124

Screaming Coasters; Yes, Intamin does make a more thrilling ride, but obviously they need to become more reliable if they would like to come back and become competition for B&M when it comes to mega coasters again.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Intamin have -

6 Mega Coasters
4 Mega-lite
1 Giga Coaster

That makes it 11. Oh yer, how many B&M giga coasters are there?
Oh thats right, none. How many go over 300ft?
Oh yer, I forgot, none.

But this aint what the argument is about. All I said is that the trains look ugly and then somehow got into this stuff.

Like I said before rollernube, do your research before you chat sh.t.

Ben

CF Legend
Mega-lites are a TOTALLY different type of coaster, appeal to a TOTALLY different market, and you know that Erol. The small-park, cheap, small airtime coaster market is VASTLY different to the large scale hyper coasters in huge parks market. It's like arguing over who has the Inverted market in their hands by comparing SLCs and B&M Inverts. Doesn't work.

And how many Giga coasters...? Huh...? Building ONE nearly a decade ago does NOT count as having a hold on the market. What matters is how many they're building NOW and over the last few years. Intamin's count here is 0.

Yes, and you try and move the discussion away from the highlighting of how stupid your statement was. Good work.

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. if you don't want to count MF.. throw out all B&M's created in that time frame too.. ;)

Ben

CF Legend
Well... OK.

That just makes B&M look ever MORE in the lead at 5 in the last few years compared to... 0.

Snoo

The Legend
Lord.. who even cares. B&M's suck huge anyway. Just because you gave Behemoth a blowjob doesn't mean you need to suck their nipples everyday Ben.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Mega-lites are a TOTALLY different type of coaster, appeal to a TOTALLY different market, and you know that Erol. The small-park, cheap, small airtime coaster market is VASTLY different to the large scale hyper coasters in huge parks market.

What are you on about, boy?

Mega coasters and Mega Lites are practically the same thing!
The Mega-Lite coasters are on the same scale as Goliath at Walibi, the only difference is the train size.

So tell me. What is it's unique market? What makes it so different that it appeals to others? Ermmm from where I stand, both models do the same thing.

You're mad-up I swear.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Walibi's Goliath is one and a half times the size of the Mega-Lites, spans a much larger area, and Goliath is the smallest of the traditional Intamin Hypers. I have no doubt, most parks could get a clone of Goliath as easy as a Mega-Lite (prvided they had the space and money), but generally, Mega-Lites are an entirely different market. It's not exactly the equivalent of SLCs vs B&M Inverts, but not that far away.

And Diamondback looks great. Even better in sunshine, I reckon. Any photos without that grey boring sky yet?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ I assumed Ben was on about the public market, not the industry market? Thats what my comparison was based on.

Length aside, what makes a Lite so different to a Mega appart from train size? I see no difference as they both set out to achieve the same thing.

Ben

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Ben said:
Mega-lites are a TOTALLY different type of coaster, appeal to a TOTALLY different market, and you know that Erol. The small-park, cheap, small airtime coaster market is VASTLY different to the large scale hyper coasters in huge parks market.

What are you on about, boy?

Mega coasters and Mega Lites are practically the same thing!
The Mega-Lite coasters are on the same scale as Goliath at Walibi, the only difference is the train size.

So tell me. What is it's unique market? What makes it so different that it appeals to others? Ermmm from where I stand, both models do the same thing.

You're mad-up I swear.

They're NOT the same thing. Mega Lites are smaller and cheaper, and appeal to smaller parks without the room or money for a 200ft version (like, say, Djurs Sommerland!)

You only need look at the parks that build them. The Megas are found at Six Flags or ex-Six Flags parks, with a few exceptions. The Mega Lites are found at MUCH smaller parks (Djurs' other large attraction is a Gerstauler Bobsled, for example).

How you can say that is in the same market either for cost or space as a large Six Flags park is beyond me. Yes, on the surface it may "just be smaller", but look at the market that places it in! Smaller, cheaper version of HUGE coasters.

And Goliath and the Mega-Lites are no WAY on the same scale as each other. Goliath takes up a LOT of space, and is considerably taller than the MLs (about the same difference between them as there is between Goliath and S:RoS, funny you've not mentioned this as making them similar though).

They're in two totally different markets. It doesn't matter if they do "the same thing", that's because the MLs are a small park's way of getting a Mega. Of COURSE they offer similar rides. But to different markets and on totally different scales.

Hell, you want the most basic of evidence, even Intamin recognise they're different and market them as Megas and Mega-Lites.

Different things. Utterly.

Edit - Why would I not be talking about in the industry here... have you not been following the topic or something? They may set out to provide similar ride experiences, but, when it comes to selling them (what we're talking about here...) they're marketed to totally different parks.

Snoo

The Legend
Ben said:
I didn't realise your opinion had become gospel Snoo?

I never said mine was?

I said they suck.. not that 'they suck and it doesn't matter if you like them or not Ben.'

Ben

CF Legend
No, Snoo. Re-read.

You implied that because YOU don't like the coaster type, no-one should or talk about it.

Hence, implying, as I said, that you seem to believe that your opinion is gospel, and should be obeyed.