What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Well no one has ever cared what you thought.. and mist isn't wet now is it?

LOL, hahah classic mist isn't wet!

The trains are okay, not too keen on the design of the zero car.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
But I'm not talking about the way the trains ride, I'm on about the way the trains look and to me, they are butt ugly. The only manufacturer that have really pulled off a good look with this seating arrangement is Vekoma.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I very much look forward to this...

I think the seating design will be much more open and actually better than the outside of the Giant Boomerangs, which felt much more clustraphobic and just plain meh...

I also love the fangs on the trains :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
Mit said:
LOL, hahah classic mist isn't wet!

Let me mist on your face.. :p

Ben said:
Everyone that hates them blatantly hasn't been on Behemoth.

I don't have to ride something to think the trains are ugly. I thought you were nothing but bones WAY before I actually met you.. then you confirmed my diagnosis when I met you. :lol:

Bottom line, they are ugly as sin.. forever. Does that mean the ride will be bad? No.. it will be bad because it is a B&M Hyper.

:p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Screaming Coasters said:
Ben said:
Screaming Coasters said:
The only manufacturer that have really pulled off a good look with this seating arrangement is Vekoma.

http://rcdb.com/ig1369.htm?picture=27

?

Fail.

So you just showed me the underneath of the train, good work.

Fail.

http://rcdb.com/ig746.htm?picture=9

How does that look any different than this:

p22221.jpg

http://www.rcdb.com/ig4005.htm?picture=28

This design looks a lot more sleek and much less bulky than Vekoma's.

In all honesty, I don't see how having some seats out and some pushed back really makes the difference between a "hideous" train, and trains which are "sleek" (often what normal four seater B&M trains are called).

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
The way B&M have done it is mad. They've made their trains longer which will force them to produce an even less forceful ride. Not that B&M's are forceful anyway, but now, they're just going to be worse. I say - Stick with the shorter trains, at least that way you'd get a half decent amount of positives and negatives.

Ben

CF Legend
Erol, you realise the longer trains mean a MORE forceful ride, right?

Since the exact middle seat is still designed to produce 0g over the hills, the front and back travel faster either into, or out of, the peak of the hill, producing stonger airtime.

And you can feel this when riding Behemoth compared to, say, Nitro.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ He's right.

You do get more extreme forces at the ends of the trains... it's definitely more noticeable on Behemoth than something like Goliath or Apollo.

As for the trains, this train system is very nice-- much more open. I was really skeptical at first because they looked odd, but right now I must say they look fantastic and give a great ride. I love being in the very back edge because it feels so open compared to the straight 4 across layout. While it is the same seating layout as Deja Vu, these don't fail. What let the Vekoma's down was the fact that the support holding up the train went right down in the middle so the back seat riders had to walk around the front which turned out to be ridiculously confusing for the general populous. With the B&M ones, you can pass right through the back seats, which is very nice for loading. So yeah, I think these trains are great.