What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
UC said:
Looks like they've all fallen asleep.

It's been rumored that this will be the first B&M hyper to have a horn installed in the station to wake up the returning riders and speed up the unloading process. Any confirmation to this as of yet?

Güd wan...

I'm looking to your trip report Hyde. I'm expecting plenty of photos!

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
Looks like they've all fallen asleep.

It's been rumored that this will be the first B&M hyper to have a horn installed in the station to wake up the returning riders and speed up the unloading process. Any confirmation to this as of yet?

No, that rumour was false. The one about the tissues in the station to clean yourself once you've... well, you know... over how awesome the ride was is yet to be confirmed or denied, however.

Ben

CF Legend
They did. And whilst I was very interested in taking the position, I had to turn it down unfortunately due to other commitments.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
After looking at the webcam, does anybody else think that the queue looks a bit small? I know Behemoth's queue isn't that big, but it seems like King's Island has a bit more people visiting than Canada's Wonderland.

Ben

CF Legend
rollerdude said:
After looking at the webcam, does anybody else think that the queue looks a bit small? I know Behemoth's queue isn't that big, but it seems like King's Island has a bit more people visiting than Canada's Wonderland.

Canada's Wonderland got about 200,000 more visitors last year and had the second highest attendance of a "regional" park in the US/Canada, after Knott's (presumably advantaged due to being open all year)

Admittedly King's Island isn't miles behind, but, it is behind.

But, of course, Behemoth's was too short and has a habit of spilling out onto the path :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ok, I wasn't sure about that. It makes me wonder if this is going to have temporary queue for most or even all of the season this year. We'll find out on Saturday I guess.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Looks good fun. The first drop is good, and the hammerhead(?) turn looks high g. There doesn't look to be much airtime in the front though ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks nice. It doesn't look too amazing from the video though. The colour of the track is lush though and the water-splash looks great.

Ben

CF Legend
Holy mother of all that is sacred that looks INCREDIBLE.

I think anyone that says B&M Hypers don't do airtime need to watch that reverse video of the people and STFU. OMG. OMG. The guy in the red just gets so much airtime <3

It looks better than Behemoth (which is saying a lot) and possibly the best Hyper on the planet. I NEED to go to King's Island as soon as humanly possible.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^*awaits UCs response, predicting it to be the exact opposite*

Hmm... I like this ride. I hope it can set a standard for future rides at King's Island. Here's hoping, but if I said what I was hoping for, UC's reply would just bash me for saying it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
And once again, both Ben's and UC's responses are on opposite ends of the spectrum...

From that video, it looks to be a much faster paced coaster than others of it's type. Behemoth seems to crawl over its hills more than this. My opinion of this is just a little bit staggered to Ben's side of the argument, but not by much.

wash

Mega Poster
Wow, look at all the beautiful rocks and trees Kings Island put around the splashdown... :roll:
Other than that, it seems to be a good ride, but not a truly remarkable one.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Looks good to me, but I'm not so sure that it'll blow Behemoth away. It does look faster, which might not be a good thing when it comes to floaty goodness. Still can't wait to have a go myself.

marc

CF Legend
The drop looks fantastic, hard to tell about the rest of the ride tbh.

I look forward to hearing from people once they have been on it.

I need to ride more of these only ever done one and that was a huge let down.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Phenomenal.

I will be honest, I was absolutely impressed with Goliath at SFOG, and had my doubts of Diamondback being better.

I was wrong.

Every hill provided great airtime throughout the ride, being thrown out of my seat with ejector on my first ride and floating into the restraints on my second ride in the front.

Aside from slight vibrations during the ride (nothing like Goliath's though), Diamondback was awesome with zero complaints.

Amazing airtime, tremendous first and second drop, great bursts of speed, excellent pacing; this is the iconic coaster Kings Island has needed.