What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
I agree that is a great rec. you must have been wokrking a while on this!

Cool screamin swing, can't wai to see more :p!

A

Anonymous

^^^ Thanks for that, I will work as fast as possible when ever I have time and the other projects don't take too much time (NL competitions, Accelerometer circuit boards, etc.).

Had some problems by exporting it to a 3ds file, I was thinking that it was to fine detailed, but now it's fine. It uses about 33000 polygons, but so far I haven't experienced any fps drop more then normal.

I will make a teaser shot of it later.

A

Anonymous

projectBM4.png

It's done (except for textures), bit I will leave it as this until I start with that.

Next up Water ride...

A

Anonymous

Nope, just stationary, but I thought that it would look better if it was at an angle instead of hanging in load position. Would love to have it swinging though.

EDIT
Skipped the water ride today and begun to construct my gyro-drop tower. A few bits that need tweaking and some things more to do before it's done.
ProjectBM5.png

My fps only drops when I have a piece of the track in view, when I took this screen shot it hovered around 100, but when I turn to the "station area" it drops a bit.

A

Anonymous

Sorry about the double, but...
The Gyro-Drop tower is at the same stage as the Swing now, so I have moved on to constructing my water ride.
At first I wanted to do something like Perilous Plunge at Knotts, but I had trouble creating what I wanted, so I came up with the idea about making a Water-coaster instead. Here is a teaser what I have gotten at the moment.
ProjectBM6.jpg

As you can see its a Mack one, and I'm trying to decide if I will create one like the one at Tusenfryd or Plopsaland...

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Loefet, I hope your being carefull with your fps.. Your last projects wernt all that friendly on it, and ive got quite a fast running pc. Purple Interstate was awful, i had to delete a load of stuff before it worked, so hopefully you'll take that into account!

But apart from that they are looking pretty amazing! Im glad more people are adding the whole theme park thing into their rides like me.

A

Anonymous

Crazycoaster said:
Loefet, I hope your being careful with your fps.. Your last projects weren't all that friendly on it, and I've got quite a fast running PC. Purple Interstate was awful, i had to delete a load of stuff before it worked, so hopefully you'll take that into account!
I'm going for details over FPS, so in the end the FPS won't be that high, but I will release a FPS friendlier version but it will lack much of the fine details.
I aim to have a maximum of 200k polygons, and I'm 66% of that at the moment, but there isn't really much things to do left. But I guess that the texturing might effect FPS as well.

PS see your inbox in a while.

Jer

Strata Poster
I give you guys what is destine to be the ultimate FPS Killer; Akuma, a 6,000ft long terrained wooden coaster:

Every Tree in the following screens is hand placed (there is no other way to get trees on there):

akuma070626134528001df1.png

akuma070626181359000tp6.png

Be sure to check out the NLDC page for more screens, stats, and the definition of Akuma.

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p3668

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Did somebody get a bit excited over trees? Its pointless having that many, it just ruins the ride for those with computers less endowed in the RAM department :p

Jer

Strata Poster
I really wanted it to have envorment to it, I wanted it to seem like a fast wild ride though a forested area, Real forests aren't 2 or 3 of the same type of tree are they? but dropping some of the detail in your setting should be fine, my computer is no excetption and lags.

Oh and save on Fps, I simply lined the lift in bamboo and ornamental trees, and there will most likely not be any scenery.

Xpress

Strata Poster
yess, I finally got my PC back. So, you changed your name to Jer, eh? Coaster's lookin' good, really a lot like a hillside coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.