Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
jpecool said:
Screaming Coasters said:
Haha, thats why I won the NL award last year then? lol
I havnt released a track this year and I plan to hit the NL scene pretty damn hard. I will release a track before this to ease me back. This means war! lol :p

Dude i will try challenge you on that in years to come. :) I dont have a chance yet, but maybe in a couple of years. Hopefully. :D

Bring it on :D

Peter

Hyper Poster
http://nldc.interfix.net/p1112

A small update, The Hydraulics Building is now complete, and more work continues on the station.

Im still hoping to get this finished by Xmas, and so far it looks as if it might be. Also, if anyone knows a decent compressing program could you tell me, the file size with .3ds is already 2.8Mb!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
first things first. you need to apply a UVW wrap to sort out some of the textures. eg. the wood.

This Im afraid is what many of you fall into the trap of, you need to learn to texture propperly. But, since this is the first stage, keep goin! :D

Peter

Hyper Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
first things first. you need to apply a UVW wrap to sort out some of the textures. eg. the wood.

This Im afraid is what many of you fall into the trap of, you need to learn to texture propperly. But, since this is the first stage, keep goin! :D

Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by the UVW Wrap? The textures look ok to me. I've looked around the program i'm using (the free version of Tia's Object creator) and found nothing on this UVW Wrap.

Ben

CF Legend
11000ft....
3 and a half minutes....
180ft tall....
4 launches....
70mph...
A loop...

The tallest, fastest, steepest and scariest Disney coaster ever made....

HONG KONG SCREAMIN' (ahhh.... original, lol).

Really, I thought to myself, "Man, Hong Kong's lineup looks poor. They should add a Screamin' or something." So I'm making them one, to give myself a break from the B&Ms I'm doing.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Whizzkid said:
Screaming Coasters said:

Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by the UVW Wrap? The textures look ok to me. I've looked around the program i'm using (the free version of Tia's Object creator) and found nothing on this UVW Wrap.

ah ok then, UVM wrap is a feature in advanced programs like 3D Studiomax which is what I use... ermmm, there maybe a similar feature... Ok, to nit pick at what I see wrong, look at the wood frame inised the station bit, notice how the texture is streched?
UVM Wrap simply allows you to enter values or by freehand to sort the textures out. Its a very tricky task but once you know what your doing, the end result is wicked!

A

Anonymous

now on my next project... its emerging slowly - started last night.

And as is my want.... i'm taking on schwarzkarf ideas that never came to fruition... my last 8isle took on his idea of the figure 8 loop on a traveller...

so this is taking on a unrealized project:

ESaltontowerscoaster01.jpg

Tho this is to be a terrain hugging B&M 4 car inverted - taking the same principles of a 3 lift hill part racer/dueller.

going to be ery complicated as am working on the 1st and 3rd lift to sync for the racing/duel part - then sparate off for a middle section...

we'll see... keep me busy till the next comp.

A

Anonymous

^Can't wait to see how that turns out! Will be AWWWEESOME if pulled off!

A

Anonymous

Whizzkid...Erol would be reffering to the "Texture Mapping" and "Local Coordinates" function, on left hand side.

Ok...So, I am trying to do this weird NL project, that is themed around the idea of traveling underwater. I am working on the "launch into the water", which consists of a glass tube that takes you below the waters surface--very James Bond-y. So basically the launch blasts you below the water's surface, via this tube. Problem is, I think this level of 3ds is way above me! It doesn't look to promising:

The launch into the water...The "water" is tilted to provide the illusion (when riding) that you are in fact launching down, into the water, when in truth, you are perfectly level.

18-051020214421000.jpg

A

Anonymous

^How does that work?

I like the look of the 3ds so far, and a cool concept!

A

Anonymous

You'd then be able to see from outside that the water is not level, surely?

Couldn't you just tilt the track and 3ds tunnel and have a downward launch?

A

Anonymous

its getting there on the layout

amd getting even more indepth - but im not surehow im goin to pull it off...

if i can get the 1st and 3rd train synced then they go great together - but im needed to work on block positions to have the next train set off at the right time from the station.

added a second suprise in there - but i think i'll keep that one under wraps for now - but i can see this one taking a few months to complete - the syncing is going to be the hard one - as is getting enough trains going through to keep the dueling up - looking like i'm going to be hitting at least a 6 train operation...

what do you guys reckon build in a brake run/5block run into the station and for the full effect to be realised until the 3rd/4th train has left the station

or go realistic style and have just one or 2 blocks before the station and have other trains starting on the MCBRs?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ If you're going realistic then all the trains should be able to end up somewhere on the station or brakerun if everything was shut down. So keep that in mind.

A

Anonymous

You'd then be able to see from outside that the water is not level, surely?

Well, it was inside a building.

I think I am going to start it off underwater, so I dont have to worry about that effect--its just complicating things.

Status
Not open for further replies.