What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

GGGpreviewlow.jpg

Ive made this ride in the last 2 days, and IMO its my best and craziest ride ive ever made. I love it so far.

Anyway, first i will get your interest with some statistics, hopefully. Here we go:
Height: 192 feet (from water level)
Drop: 178 feet
Angle of first drop: 70 degrees
Length: 4395.81 ft
Max Positive G force: 4.9g
Max Negative G force: -1.5g
Max lateral force: 1.9g
Number of hills offering airtime: 17
Ride duration: 1min 57 secs
Special elements: Pre lift section, Turn over lake, Run through valley. I may also include a restaurant fly through, 2 underground tunnels. I also have a little section with 3 tiny bunny hills taken at 50mph through the rides structure which i really like.

Anyway, theres a few stats so far. Now time for some pics:

http://nldc.interfix.net/p1066

I hope you like the look of the ride so far. I like it, but its not as gooad as i would like. Im going to add some themeing and stuff soon.

PLEASE NOTE: The ride does NOT use reals CCI steel environment. It is my own environment, but i used reals environment as a guide to show me how to do this type of environment. But this is actually my own. It uses my own textures, again based on reals, but i took them on my ride, then edited the colours. I did not use reals environment as the colours were too grey for what i wanted, i wanted it more of a yellow colour. Anyway, thankyou real, I used your read me file in your envoronment to show me what to do.

I would really appreciate it if you guys told me what you think of the ride so far, and what extras i could add in, and what i may be able to call it.

A

Anonymous

Looks nice, jpecool.

Restaurant fly-through sounds exciting.

The final helix, judging by its banking, looks like it will be taken quite slowly, which might meant he ride fizzles out instead of having an explosive finale... but I might be wrong!!

A

Anonymous

No, it goes through that helix at 30mph. I just like laterals. :D I believe woodies should have the maximum amount of laterals they can have, but within the limits of course.

The restaurant fly through is now being changed to a gift shop fly through. :lol:

A

Anonymous

I thought that might be the case! Good work. It will be interesting to see how this turns out!!

A

Anonymous

569-6797-lg.jpg

Basically, I have never successfully completed a ride with 3ds.

Since I am a complete dumbass, my first step into 3ds is via a coaster/somewhat dark ride combo. I hope you guys can help me on my way! Please...calling all 3ds people...lol.

Well, I am currently just getting all of the measurements down...thats the boring part, for me. Especially since I am using the object creator, where I can't import a copy of the track file in.

WARNING: Like my other projects, dont expect me to finish this one!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well, dont bother measuring... You probabbly have the latest version of terragen nodoubt? Well, being the nice guy I am, I'll send you the old version of it so cleaverly named 'old terragen'
Basically, the old terragen allows you to export the track as 3DS so you can import into your modelling program but ever since the (pay product) 'toolbox' came out where you can do this aswell, the export feature from terragen has been taken out. Soooo, if you wannit, just say and an email with the old terragen will be comin your way :D

Oh yer and also, if you need any help, just ask.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Erol.

Unfortunately, I am extremely cheap, and I am running off of the Object Creator--which only exports 3ds, not imports. Now you see why measureing is necessary, and quite tedious, I might add.

But I will accept your help elsewhere. ;D

A

Anonymous

You want to try "anim8or" aswell. It takes a little while to get used to, but i use that and OC together and it works well. With OC you just have to kind of guess the measurements, and it becomes the trial and error method.

heres anim8or, its a totally free animating program
http://www.anim8or.com/main/welcome.html

Hope that helps. That program will allow you to import and Export 3ds. :D So you can import your track as a 3d. :D

neo

Mega Poster
Bleep........

Bleep........

Bleep........

image21.jpg

Bleep........

Bleep........

"Weve found it It"
"We're runing low on oxygen though, better return later."

Bleep........

Bleep........

neo

Mega Poster
All will be revealed in due time, but for the moment sit back and let the story unfold, let it go Deeper and Deeper :wink: .

A

Anonymous

Yeah, thats nice just ruin the entire point of a promo for all of us why don't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.