What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Construction 24/05/2013

As announced 5 years ago, Thelxiope was to be closed to the public and dismantled. It was widely reported on the internet and on the CoasterForce forums as the first B&M in existence to close within a year of operation. We all know the details of what happened so there is no need to drag this all up again. We have some photos of the deconstruction and of the station building which was the only thing left and has stood empty on the plot of land behind Cedar Falls ever since. These photos are just a reminder of what once stood and the plot of land available.

]

The fact the station building was left caused rife speculation on the forums and after 4 years of being empty without use, the station building became it's own entity just like the Black Hole Tent at Alton Towers was. Flat rides, dark rides, relocation of existing rides in the park all factored into the discussion but the station building stood ever present and empty.

However, today was have some breaking news. It seems that the station building was left for future expansion and thanks to user 'rita2006' we have a single photo of what appears to be concrete footers following a path downward from the station platform

So far, we have received no information of what manufacturer is building this and as far as we know, no track or supports are on site. It seems this is a top secret project. Whether this because of something 'world's first' we do not know. All we know is that we shall be riding something new next year. Watch this space!

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Construction: Intamin? 27/05/20

It seems over the past few days a lot of movement has been happening on site. We have vertical erection everyone! The station build has been gutted and left just as the frame and two tall supports straddle what was once Thelixiope's 'Keyhole' element. The placement of these two supports suggest the new coaster will have a similar element. Judging by the type of footers many members are suggesting that this could be an Intamin coaster. Either way, watch this space!

That structure looks big, looking forward to this!

And...hehehe...vertical erection cool)

I really loved the Wing Coaster you did a while ago, so I look forward to this!

And remember, if you need a rider tester... ;)

Thank you :) I really disliked it though so I thought I would tie it in to the 'story'.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Update 2/06/2013

Vertical construction has been moving along at a terrific pace in recent weeks but since access to the site is severely limited, no one seems to be able to see what has been going on. Whilst the secrecy and such is exciting, we all know how much we liked to see the construction.

And with this update with have an exclusive picture of the site. N.B: We do not condone people breaking into secure areas but we have been given permission to post this picture update. We apologise for the blurriness but as we were about to take the picture, we were spotted by security staff and had to run.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Update 2/06/2013

Lol usually I'd say those colours are disgusting but somehow I quite like them. And the coaster is looking great too. Plus your updates are very fun and make it feel like a real coaster update. Nice job!

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Update 05/06/2013

<3 Looks fab

How do you do the catwalk siding in game? Have yet to figure that out -,-;;;

When you start a new track, just make a straight segment, add the catwalks, (woodmagic of course) delete the handrails etc. Store the catwalks somewhere on the map and use them when needed as they can be stretched :)

You can also do that on the project itself. Take a segment, set the auto support settings so only the catwalks show, and then wood magic the track, but uncheck all the boxes except enable supports and your catwalks will appear. You can do this as many times as you want if you happen to run out of pieces, which is a plus.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - 'Thrust' released. 10/06/2013

Thrust.

Thrust is an Intamin accelerator that is inspired by 'Speed Monster' at Tusenfryd and other Intamin loopers. It replaced 'Thlexiope', a B&M wingrider that I was never satisfied with and so utilises it's old station and surrounding.

Stats:
Height - 87ft
Top Speed - 56mph.
Inversions - 3

Elements:
Launch 0-55mph
Low speed turn
Overbank
Norweigan Loop
Airtime hill
Low speed turn
Upward helix
Zero-G roll

The coaster has no discernible 'theme' more a standalone coaster with surroundings.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zk5ygym825bsy5f

Youtube POV:
http://youtu.be/a2GHCaWsLpU

Despite the awful music you chose for the video, awesome ride! The pacing was good, the transitions were smooth. What stood out more was the interation with scenery and surrongings was amazing. You can tell it was very cleveryly thought out and not rushed. The colours are very nice with the name. Usually by now I'd be moaning that there is no back story but as you said it's a generic coaster prevented that. So with generic coasters I expect amazing landscaping and layout, which you've done so well done! :)

Looking forward to your next project!

How DARE you say that about my beloved Paloma Faith! Just joking, thank you for your comments and feedback! :--D

Haha no problem, keep up the good work! And don't worry, if my ears can survive Justin Bieber with my girlfriend they can survive Paloma Faith cool)

Very well done! The layout is fantastic and the scenery is great. I only noticed a few banking wobbles, pumps, and jerks, so great job on the track work. The pacing was pretty nice as well.

9/10

It's a nice little ride, but you might wanna give credit to the people that made the objects you use ;)

Ah **** yeah, forgot to update the info box that pops up when the ride is opened.