What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - B&M Invert. 24/06/2013

Looks like Silver Bullet and OzIris had a baby, but the baby got all of OzIris' genes.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Catalyst released - 01/07/2013

Welcome to your catalyst. Once injected, the catalyst will induce hallucinations and lucid dreams. Do not fear, the catalyst will cure you for your own safety. The catalyst is your only hope.

Catalyst is a B&M invert. Containing 5 inversions, this coaster will be sure to thrill you.

Stats:
Height - 153 ft.
Length - 3892.80ft.
Top Speed - 62mph.
Inversions - 5

Elements:
-Vertical Loop
-Overbank
-Immelmann
-Zero-G roll
-MCBR
-Immelmann
-Undergound dive
-Corkscrew

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xlakm3lm5btjwdt

Youtube video POV:
http://youtu.be/ZfoL9AcdHdY

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Catalyst released - 01/07/2013

There's very little that's bad about this ride. The layout flows, it's smooth, it's realistic, it's aesthetically pleasing. The only issues I've found were extremely minor. The entrance to the brakes was a bit too drawn out in my opinion and I also felt that the roll into the dive loop was a bit too quick. Nevertheless, you have one rock solid track.

9.5/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Project Tudor Rose - 10/07/2013

I had the basic layout for this in my 'never quite completed' tracks and thought I'd dig it up. Essentially, it will be set within a small tudor street with all the quirky buildings. Onto pictures...

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - 'The Eighth' preview - 21/07/20

"The Eighth is a Gerstlauer Eurofighter featuring a launch and lift hill combo with a difference. Whilst short and compact it certainly offers a punch. Taking inspiration from TakaBisha, Fluch Von Novgorod and the 'Wingrider drop', take a jaunt through the tudor village and Henry VIII's court."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MySs3t05E4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - 'The Eighth' preview - 21/07/20

I'm not sure how I feel about covering the lift with the building, but that layout is beautiful!! Cant wait to see the rest of it!

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - 'The Eighth' Update - 23/07/201

metalhead7 said:
I'm not sure how I feel about covering the lift with the building, but that layout is beautiful!! Cant wait to see the rest of it!

I would agree, but it's really nice to have that break after the launch section, and then you reach the top, crawl slowly out of the building as the twisting drop is in front of you and off you go. I think it feels and rides wonderfully! You can all be the judges of that however.

Here are a few more pics of the coaster and the theming to wet your taste buds. It's all made from supports* (Sometimes imported to CK for ease of copying and pasting similar items).

yZf8yKM.jpg

azXZUOB.jpg

JoCxXt1.jpg

Fzua6kf.jpg

*Paths and the maintenance tracks are the exception here.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - 'The Eighth' released 29/07/201

p0ndCNQ.jpg

The year is 1509 and a new king is about to ascend to the throne, Henry VII. A new age is about to begin and you have been summoned to the court of Henry VII. Your journey however won't be easy. You have a price on your head and the village you have approached has learned of your passing through. Your trusty steed will engage you in a race against time and your skills as an accomplished climber may come in useful for avoiding the poachers. Good luck.

The Eighth is a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. Not only does it feature a thrilling launch, but also a vertical lift. Taking inspiration from Fluch Von Novgorod, Takabisha and B&M Wingriders, your ride is sure to be thrilling.

Statistics:
Length -- 2555.36ft.
Height -- 105ft.
Top Speed -- 53 mph.
Inversions -- 5

Elements:
-53mph launch
-Banana roll
-Dive Loop
-Upward Helix
-Dive Loop
-MCBR
-91 ft enclosed lift hill
-Twisting drop
-Enlarged Corkscrew
-S-hill
-Brakes

Please enjoy your ride and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

You've got one damn good track here, the only thing is I wish the post-lift section was a bit longer. Even with that mildly plaguing aspect, the ride is still fantastic. I had never seen or thought of theming a ride to royalty, let alone a single monarch. Very creative.

Thanks. My second half is actually longer than Fluch Von novrogod which was a big inspiration here, I kind of wanted to pack a punch at the end, but I can see that it does feel short.

Thanks for all the comments :)

Just ridden this - nice job!

I liked the layout (I can see why it was said that it feels a little short, but I don't think it was too bad), I loved the drop/roll thing off the lift hill and I thought the trackwork was fantastic.

Seriously good job! I think you're in for getting best NL player this year too... ;)

Thanks, Hixee. I think my forte is Eurofighters, I keep building them but need to remind myself that there are other coasters available haha.

Well, as always there is stuff competition for that award! I was shocked enough that I won this yet, but thank you.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - B&M Dive Machine 11/08/2013

Here is Project Auger, a B&M Dive Machine which stands at an impressive 291ft. As you can see from the layout posted below, the beginning features the massive drop, a huge swooping Dive Loop, followed by an airtime hill and terrain hugging overbank. After the MCBR we have a layout similar to Krake however the drop here is beyond vertical.

The concept for this project was to incorporate Oblivion: focus on drop with nearly half of it underground and in buildings. Griffon/Sheikra: The large swooping inversion following the drop. And finally, Krake: Smaller, more compact yet thrilling Dive Machine. Whilst these three Dive Machine concepts were fresh and exciting, I wished to add another dimension to all three and sought to combine them all...

hEknfUl.jpg

Fr3YdCn.jpg

Onto simulator shots and theming. I was getting tired of Dive Machines being themed to birds of Prey, so 'Project Auger' if anyone can guess the reference is a drill. As such, it's going to have a mine theme (Yes, I understand the hypocrisy of getting bored of bird themes and then using the cliche that is mine theming, but I love it ;) ).

AYTATrk.jpg

lHoMkYC.jpg

xoNMXRg.jpg

As usual, any comments, feedback and criticism is greatly appreciated :)

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - B&M Dive Machine 11/08/2013

Doesn't take as long as you think it would. Although, I do enjoy supporting, so this is just a extension of that :)