What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Alva Noto - 16/12/2012.

12176_4490150646069_487947197_n.jpg

Download:​
http://www.mediafire.com/?mcq4l0m66pue7no​

Loved it.

It seemed a lot smoother than your other ones, you're definitely improving. The only thing I'd take a second look at is your banking, heading in/out of your corkscrews was a bit over banked, it would fit say an old Vekoma, but it doesn't really fit Intamin's banking :)

I didn't think the banking was quite as bad as Lofty made out. I think it was pretty good, smooth and only a few track errors that are to be expected from hand-building (assuming it was).

I think my biggest gripe was how much the MCBR killed the speed. Maybe it would have been better to have it a big higher, or let it go through a bit faster. It just stalled the tempo in my opinion.

Overall, good stuff! Keep up the good work. :p

I agree with the MCBR and banking comments. I kinda got lazy towards the end!

So I just downloaded both and I have got to say you are improving. Can't say much for myself as I start a lot of projects and eventually lose a lot of interest in them. You are making progress on your Zero-G, as Shenlong was wonderful; however, do test and adjust a lot. A simple 10 degrees on the starting exit node of the Inversion made it more lifelike as there was a bit of a rattle before. Nothing too horrendous, but something I had noticed.

Alva Noto was interesting. Would this technically be a Zierer made ride, not an Intamin? The enlongated Zero-G (Barrel roll?) was kinda finicky.

I really need to get back to doing my own tracks again :lol: I got a severely odd hill on my current time consumer.

Intricks said:
So I just downloaded both and I have got to say you are improving. Can't say much for myself as I start a lot of projects and eventually lose a lot of interest in them. You are making progress on your Zero-G, as Shenlong was wonderful; however, do test and adjust a lot. A simple 10 degrees on the starting exit node of the Inversion made it more lifelike as there was a bit of a rattle before. Nothing too horrendous, but something I had noticed.

Alva Noto was interesting. Would this technically be a Zierer made ride, not an Intamin? The enlongated Zero-G (Barrel roll?) was kinda finicky.

I really need to get back to doing my own tracks again :lol: I got a severely odd hill on my current time consumer.

Firstly, thank you :)

Secondly: I see what you a with the Zierer comment. I was attempting for something Cheetah Hunt/Verbolten esque.

Hixee said:
I didn't think the banking was quite as bad as Lofty made out.
Huh? I didn't make it out to be that bad really, I just said it was a bit over.

Lofty said:
Hixee said:
I didn't think the banking was quite as bad as Lofty made out.
Huh? I didn't make it out to be that bad really, I just said it was a bit over.
Lofty said:
Loved it.

It seemed a lot smoother than your other ones, you're definitely improving. The only thing I'd take a second look at is your banking, heading in/out of your corkscrews was a bit over banked, it would fit say an old Vekoma, but it doesn't really fit Intamin's banking :)
This just seemed a little OTT in my eyes.

I also forgot to rate the Invert.

I rather liked that too. There were a couple of moments where the banking felt a bit strange (top of the drop, top of the loop and entering the final corkscrew), but overall I liked it. Felt a bit more like Oz Iris towards the end, which was great as I think that ride looks great! :p

Inverts are tough to get right, and I'd say you did a pretty good job, so well done!

Yeah, I always get picked up on my banking, so I don't take offence :)

I know I tend to over bank things, I just like over banking haha.

So does intamin if the random bank change right before the brake run on I305 has anything to say :lol:

Edit: forgot to mention i305 about the brake run bit.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - B&M Giga - 27/12/12

Been working on a Giga, I made the lift hill spine from support tubes. I know it doesn't look the best, but I'm crap at 3Ds...otherwise, does this look okay? What do we think of the colour scheme?

BampMGiga-121227191136001_zps96a06fe6.jpg

BampMGiga-121227191106000_zps92278ce4.jpg

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - B&M Giga - 27/12/12

For realism, double check with Leviathan. From what I can tell, your supports are near spot on, with my only issue being the use of the A support structure. Even then, it isn't a huge issue.

Colors look yum, and from what I can see the layout looks interesting.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - B&M Giga - 28/12/12

Intricks said:
For realism, double check with Leviathan. From what I can tell, your supports are near spot on, with my only issue being the use of the A support structure. Even then, it isn't a huge issue.

Colors look yum, and from what I can see the layout looks interesting.

Thank you. Yeah, I think I have a few too many A supports. Leviathan only has the top two I think.
Anyway, here are the colours close up...yay or nay?

14689_4556398502224_481380804_n.jpg

734877_4556398862233_1443689184_n.jpg

I really like he softness of those colors. Makes the gold pop more.

The A Supports are only used twice. It also has a leaning support that was a bitch to get right. The render doesnt really show how that leaning support is placed, but the footers are behind the 2nd A Support. I believe my giga, OMEGA, has a nice pic of the support system found on Leviathan.

As I said before, the support work is the only thing I find faulty, but it still remains true to how B&M do their supports. So not really anything bad!

I love the look of what you have so far and the colors are great. I did the extended spine on my giga using 4x4 wood beams and it looks pretty good. As for Leviathan's supports, from the base of the lift, there's one regular vertical pole, two simple A frames, two A frames with trusses (the second one leaning), and then one final leaning simple A frame.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Dendritic - 29/12/12

Thank you Antinos!

Here is a quick preview video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWbwC7iEriQ[/youtube]

Download should not be too much longer :)

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Dendritic - 29/12/12

You should think of importing this one into NL2 whenever it comes out (mainly due to the fab water splashes you will be able to do).

Seriously love the look of this so far. <3

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Dendritic Released 31/12/12

Dendritic_zpsd8428eb0.jpg

den·drit·ic
/denˈdritik/ Adjective

Having a branched form resembling a tree.
Of or relating to a dendrite or dendrites.

Dendritic is a B&M Giga. Standing at 322feet tall, Dendritic takes you on a journey above the treetops and into the skies.

Stats
:
Height: 322 feet.
Length: 6542.46 feet.
Top Speed: 95mph.

Elements:
-322 foot lift hill
-267 foot Stengel hill.
-224 Airtime Hill.
-Speed Hill.
-190 foot Airtime Hill.
-Double Up.
-MCBR.
-Downward Helix
-Splashdown.
-Upward Helix.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hbbd5gp8sdm9bf5

Youtube POV:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfA4Ul5LQig[/youtube]

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Dendritic Released 31/12/12

Fab <3 Only able to watch it in Youtube for the time being, but your transitions are smooth. Only found 1 singular banking mishap: right before the mid course. The exit of the Double-Up is in a slight rocking motion. It is VERY slight (maybe no more than a 5° rock), and I had to re-watch that portion to see it.

Beyond that, no other noticeable issues.